Please Read: These Dog Treats Kill!

25 Mar
Ok everyone…THESE are among the chicken treats responsible for killing dogs or making them seriously ill. Vets everywhere are now warning everyone to stop giving your dogs these treats. They are slowly shutting down dog’s kidneys and it is because of something they have in them, still as yet UNKNOWN. The fact that they don’t know what the contaminant is, is why the FDA  has not pulled these treats from stores. Do not buy ANY treats made in China, as that is where these contaminated, poisonous products are coming from.The FDA has received over 600 complaints on these….other brands are Canyon Creek Ranch and DOGSWELL.  Anyone feeding their dog chicken treats needs to look at the package carefully as the words “Made in China” can be very small… do not be fooled by the phrase “An American Company” they are using in large print!

It’s a huge issue and is still being investigated! Please click share and pass along – it could save a life.  I think this is very scary.  Please comment if you know of any other brands to make my readers aware of.  Thanks – DogDaz

Posted by on March 25, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 responses to “Please Read: These Dog Treats Kill!

1. tinykitchenstories

March 25, 2012 at 16:05

OH MY GOD. Thank you SO much for posting this!! I just bought three bags of treats and I went and checked them because of your post. ALL of them said made in China and were from the companies you mentioned.
    Thank you for saving my dog from harm and my husband and I from heartbreak! I am going to post this on all my social media. Thank you thank you!

March 25, 2012 at 16:27

You are very welcome. It is very scary to find out that we could be poisoning our pets and ourselves lately with all the bad food out there. Thanks for coming by. I am enjoying watching your food stuff (this from a Vegan, no wheat, no dairy, no sugar, eater).- DogDaz

• tinykitchenstories

March 25, 2012 at 16:29

Thank you for the compliment! I love your posts–especially those of cute animals. They help me get through my day, so thank you!

2. barb19

March 25, 2012 at 17:21

Thank you so much for this information. I haven’t seen these treats in Australia yet, but I have shared your post on FB, as many of my friends are in the USA.
    Thank you once again.

3. dogdaz

March 25, 2012 at 17:59

Barb – Not sure where the ANZ treats come from, but I would think you get a lot from China too. Thanks for spreading the word. I try really hard to stay regional for all things where possible, but it is hard. – Lorian of DogDaz

4. Carrie

March 26, 2012 at 02:24

I am so glad you are putting these notices out there. I will certainly pass this along.

It makes me so sad and angry that a company could continue to put a product on store shelves that it knows could hurt or kill an animal, just because the cause is unknown. If it were hurting people, you know it would be pulled in a heartbeat, even if no one knew what was causing the problem. Terrible!

March 26, 2012 at 07:15

Car – Remember about a year ago when they found melamine in baby formula in China? I think that when we get to removed from what we ingest we take the risk of someone killing us. Thanks for stopping by. – Lo

5. monicastangledweb

March 27, 2012 at 02:15

I had a bag of snacks made by DOGSWELL. So, thanks for the heads up. I just threw them away.

6. Deborah Boza Valledor

March 27, 2012 at 05:11

Thanks for alerting us to these dangers. We’ll pass on the information to all our dog friends and their two-leggeds!

7. sillyfrogsusan

March 28, 2012 at 11:32

Reblogged this on Sillyfrog's Blog and commented:
    Warning to dog owners and lovers!

8. sillyfrogsusan

March 28, 2012 at 11:33

Thanks for the warning…I am passing it on…:-)

March 28, 2012 at 11:51

Thank you for visiting and passing this on – DogDaz

9. Ann Lawson

April 1, 2012 at 20:30

I’ve gotten better at reading labels. I couldn’t believe some of the pet food that is really popular is made from meat by products. Yuck. I heard that on some of the packages of chicken jerkey treats the made in China is covered by a sticker. How ridiculous.

Ann Lawson

April 4, 2012 at 16:57

I just learned that things made in USA have American flags on them. I am going to start to look for that. Thanks for stopping by – DogDaz

10. nikki

April 24, 2012 at 09:29

My dog has been eating these treats for 6 months, every day, several times a day. They are her VERY FAVORITE two treats on the market!!!??? She is only 3 1/2 pounds and healthy as a horse, running, jumping, playing every day non-stop, thankfully with no signs of illness. I will immediately stop giving these, but how can a dog this tiny not be affected when big dogs are getting so sick? She eats SEVERAL of both of these a day!!!!??????????

April 24, 2012 at 10:13

Nikki – All I can tell you is that they are finding renal failure with some animals from these products, so… you are very lucky & the treats you got maybe were not tainted with whatever is killing the dogs. Better safe than sorry, I say, so I would change from here forward even if you have not had any problems. Good luck – 3.5 lbs – how cute is that!!!! – DogDaz

11. orples

April 24, 2012 at 12:08

Thank you for sharing this information. It is critical that the people keep each other informed. I seriously doubt the bought off media will do it, unless absolutely pushed into a corner. I am reblogging this in hopes that even one dog might be saved as a result. :)

April 24, 2012 at 12:29

Thanks for the observation and the comment – DogDaz

April 26, 2012 at 15:58

Thanks so much for caring and reblogging. – DogDaz

12. orples

April 24, 2012 at 12:09

Reblogged this on orples and commented:
    I don’t own a dog myself, but for those of you who do, you may find this an interesting post, and well worth your time to read. :) Please pass along for the sake of your dog’s health.

13. reflectionsinapuddle

April 24, 2012 at 21:09

Reblogged this on Reflections in a Puddle and commented:
    I don’t buy the treats mentioned in this post, nor do I buy any treats “made in China.” For dog food, I buy a Canadian brand, Orijen.

14. Sonel

April 25, 2012 at 00:47

I never buy my little man anything like this. He likes his Beeno biscuits and that’s it. I don’t even know if this is available here in our country…but thanks for the warning. :)
    Lovely post. I am glad Orples reblogged this. :)

15. wilco2012

November 24, 2012 at 11:25

Reblogged this on Life With Wilco.

16. Shirley nay nay

December 5, 2012 at 19:57

I gave my dog these and she got very very sick her heart started beating fast, & she was breathing fast, but she pulled thru, do not feed your dogs these treats!!!!

December 5, 2012 at 22:11

Glad your dog is alright. Thanks for telling your story.

17. ?

October 26, 2013 at 09:03

I buy mostly Milk Bone reats for my dogs BUT now & then i buy something I think they will ,like.I put the treats in containers & throw away the packging. Should I throw all these treats away. My Lasha has been having very black disharrea – haven’t taken her to vet – No money. Now I’m really worried.

October 26, 2013 at 09:44

Hello Anonymous Dog Owner – I am not a vet and if this continues for more than a few days, they are the experts. In my dogowner opinion, I would stop any dog treats until the loose stools stop. See if it is your primary food first. If primary food OK, then restart milkbone treats but don’t use any Jerky products. Depending on where you live, stay away from China products which are being found to have many problems. I use USA made food and products only (not that they are perfect either). Make sure your Lasha is getting lots of water. Don’t wait to long to get to vet, Best of luck – DogDaz