Clarification on the 8.1.12 MommyLag

03 Aug

It appears that some of my humans were upset by my closing remarks on the MommyLag blog piece yesterday, where I commented about how long it would be before they take me for granted.  Now, you know that is not what I meant.  I was talking about how quickly things get back to normal with the humans after you return from being away.  Coming home to the humans gives you like 15 minutes of fame.  You come home and you go out to dinner to celebrate your return and then it is, “Hi, we missed you… now can we get back to our normal routine.”  What I was trying to say is that with the dogs, I think that takes longer.  It is not that I think my family takes me for granted, that is not what I was meaning to say.  But now that it has been brought to my attention, I guess it was a bad choice of words on my part.  My apologies family.  You did a great job while I was gone with taking care of yourselves and the zoo. Thank you. It is never my intention in my blog, or in my life, to offend or hurt anyone in any way, especially my family.  I write the blog because I feel that it helps me look deeper into my life, spirit, and motivations and gives me a chance to better understand myself in relation to my world, especially my world with my animals.  I have many blog followers and have made many new virtual friends in the 9 months that I have been blogging and for that I am very grateful.  I try to speak from my heart and write honestly and carefully, but I know that sometimes, things I might say may offend or otherwise displease someone. If I do, I am sorry.  Thank you for reading and for following me and the zoo:  I do not and never will take that for granted.   – DogDaz

Posted by on August 3, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , ,

7 responses to “Clarification on the 8.1.12 MommyLag

August 3, 2012 at 21:37

I totally “got” what you meant by that, and didn’t think it sounded hostile or snarky at all. It actually gave me a chuckle. I remember that dynamic from when I was a kid, and it rang true to me. Sorry you are feeling regret over it. You have many loyal followers for good reason – we love a peek into your zoo.

August 3, 2012 at 21:48

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. It is so hard sometimes to write the blog and then when people read it different than intended, especially those in your physical world, it makes me questions whether I should be doing it at all. But I love blogging, so I will persevere. Glad it made you chuckle. – DogDaz

2. colliesofthemeadow

August 4, 2012 at 08:10

:) :) :)

August 4, 2012 at 21:42

Ah yes the written word can sometimes be miss interpreted! I got what you meant and I think you write beautifully :)

August 4, 2012 at 22:03

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

4. Bassas Blog

August 5, 2012 at 00:31

Don’t worry. Readers who know you will understand what you mean.