8.7.12 A Noon Dip

07 Aug

It has been so hot here in the Mid-Atlantic. The truth is it is not so much the heat as the humidity. The dogs and I try to go for a walk early in the day so as not to be out in the worst part of the heat, but that is not always possible because of my work schedule.  We were lucky enough to be passing Louise’s bff Amy’s house around noon and she invited us to jump in her dog pool.  Aren’t we lucky dogs!  Sofie absolutely loves to lie in the water all the way to her head.  She is like an alligator.  Louise won’t lie down in it much but she sure likes to splash.  They had a super time and it really helped them cool off.
My only trouble was when the three of them start to rough-house.  I think I have told you before that Louise has been chewing on Amy’s ears since they were puppy’s together (they met when they were 5/6 months).  I am not sure what that is about, but she always goes for her ears, like she is going to pierce them for her.  Sofie tries to join in and it kind of seems like a gang up, but it is not. So the three of them come running to the pool at full speed and smash right into my knee, at which point, I hear it go….. ‘poop!’   I am Ok, but it knocked the wind out of me for a few minutes and I limped home.  Nothing like 180 lbs of dog ( 70 lb (Amy) + 60 lb (Lulu) + 50 lb (Sofie)) sideswiping me at the same time.  I wish Amy had a hot-tub instead of a dog pool.  Wouldn’t that feel nice on a sore knee? (Well, maybe not in the summer heat.) Oh, and an added bonus was that Amy’s Mother rinsed them off with the hose before we left, so they were partially dry by the time we got home and didn’t smell terribly like ‘wet-dog.’  How wonderful is that!

A fun time was had by all – even me.  They really do love when they see Amy.  And I love when they spend 30 minutes in hard dog play and then sleep well for the rest of the hot day.

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on August 7, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , ,

20 responses to “8.7.12 A Noon Dip

1. Doggy's Style

August 7, 2012 at 04:43

They look really happy and when they get that excited we usually pay the consequences, this time was your knee, which I’m glad it’s ok. Doggy also goes for the ears, he drags other dogs by the ears, I don’t know why.

August 7, 2012 at 08:03

I think someone should do a study of it…. LOL

• frannie

April 4, 2014 at 12:05

where can I purchase the blue pool featured in the “8.7.12 Noon Dip”

April 4, 2014 at 12:20

I got it at Target at an end of season sale for $5 (US) but it is just a kiddie pool that you should be able to find at almost any store that sells summer stuff. Thanks for asking.

2. barb19

August 7, 2012 at 05:01

What a fantastic time they had splashing about in the pool and then tearing around after each other later! Good way to cool them down too – and a great day was had by all it seems.

August 7, 2012 at 08:03

Yes it was good wet fun. Sofie loves pools.

3. Tya Khan

August 7, 2012 at 05:22

now dats sumthing that really makes them happy :D, Hope ur knee is ok though. and yup i agree with Doggy’s style even my dogs attack the ear of each other first i guess may b its an easy grip or sumthing hehe

August 7, 2012 at 08:04

Now that so many say their dogs bite ears, I will have to research. Easy grip makes sense.

August 7, 2012 at 05:55

The dog pool is a great idea, but I would probably be afraid of it and think it was trying to kill me. I am not afraid of ice. Put some on your knee.

August 7, 2012 at 08:05

Thanks for your concern Cupcake. Maybe we should just put water in a teacup for your pool, that it about your size. LOL

5. 2browndawgs

August 7, 2012 at 08:28

Looks like a fun time, except the knee injury!

August 7, 2012 at 08:49

Thanks – I’m ok, but those dogs can really hurt,

6. Jodi Stone

August 7, 2012 at 11:19

I keep waiting for one of the dogs to take me out. When Sampson was about 9 months old he smashed into me so hard I was certain my leg was broken. I even felt it certain I would feel bone, thankfully that wasn’t the case!

Hope your knee is feeling better soon.

August 7, 2012 at 11:29

Yes – what is really bad is when they are behind you in the kitchen and you fall backwards. I think it is a plot to get us to just be down at their level. LOL

7. Bongo

August 7, 2012 at 22:57

That dog pool looks like so much fun. I think I may have to talk my person into getting one of those for me.

8. Jessica

August 8, 2012 at 01:54

Wow! I, too, love having friends who have really cool things…because that means I can borrow them! :) It looks like a lot of fun was had by all, which is awesome considering the weather! I’m so sorry you got hurt, though! The things mommies do for their children…. ;)

August 8, 2012 at 08:14

I am ok – thanks for the concern – but yes, I always tell my children to make friends with kids that have boats or summer homes on the beach :-)

August 8, 2012 at 12:24

Oh so sorry about your knee, hope it is much better soon. The hazards of having big dogs, Cheyenne and Riva knocked me right off my feet and flat on my back one time but at least they were concerned enough to come and see why I was lying on the ground, lol

That is a great looking dog pool :)

August 8, 2012 at 12:38

The dogs do care even if it is their fault. They just don’t realize that we humans are not as strong as they are.

10. Bassas Blog

August 9, 2012 at 03:28

I do hope your knee is okay – sounds painful.