8.18.12 Everyone Needs An Office Cat

18 Aug

Last year, I guess it was last year but maybe it was longer ago, both Noel and Muffin slept in my office under the window in their beds.  As Muffin has gotten much frailer (he is 19 or 20 now I think), he does not come on my desk much anymore (accept late in the day sometimes when he wants to chew on my phone cord to tell me that he is hungry). Muffy mostly sleeps on the glass coffee table in the living room these days (I assume because it is central and cool and low to the ground).   Noel mostly sleeps alone in my office.  She gets to decide which bed she wants.  Today she is in Muffy’s red (manly) bed, but mostly she is in the her pink (girly) bed.   I have noticed that since my return from Australia she often sleeps in the next room (my den) on the couch during the day (I think it is much cooler in the den than my office, with all my equipment and lights. Also my office is the hottest corner of the house (of course it would be)).  I like that she has branched out (at least one room over).  Noel doesn’t get involved in the stupidness that goes on in the house with the other animals.  Mostly, she is ABOVE it.  Even the humans steer clear of her since she is not very approachable!  The only one she lets pick her up is me.  I pick her up like I did when she was a baby (upside down) and rock her in my arms and pet her face and her paws.  She and I are pretty close I guess.  She is my office cat.  Everyone should have an office cat.

Noel and Muffy in the office window
April 2010

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Late Breaking News as I finish the post: OMG! Kitty is on my desk because no other cats are here (this never happened before).

Posted by on August 18, 2012 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “8.18.12 Everyone Needs An Office Cat

1. jmgoyder

August 18, 2012 at 00:55

So poignant.

August 19, 2012 at 08:45

Thanks very much

2. Bassas Blog

August 18, 2012 at 02:01

Muffin is 19 or 20? That is a grand age.

August 19, 2012 at 08:46

Yes – but he is definitely like any old person, cranky and pesty.

August 18, 2012 at 08:07

Be careful with your tail, Noel! Once I fell asleep on Mom’s iPad and accidentally typed QQQQQ with my ear.

August 19, 2012 at 08:46

Hahahahha QQQQQ toooo funny

4. Long Life Cats and Dogs

August 18, 2012 at 08:35

How great to have them (or at least one) with you whilst working. Glad you got a “first” visit at the end of the post and we get a great pic.

August 19, 2012 at 08:47

Yes it is nice to have company while I work. Kitty really surprised me by her visit too.

5. Lindy MacDuff

August 21, 2012 at 01:10

Oh my goodness! Kitty is such a beauty! That’s the first I’ve seen her full face markings. WOW!

August 21, 2012 at 04:16

Thanks – she really is. We are sad that she is such a handful. Beautiful females can be that way I guess.

6. Jessica

September 2, 2012 at 11:43

Awww…I want an adorable view like that in my office! My view from my computer is a blank white wall!

September 23, 2012 at 20:49

Paint it, hang pictures, do something, unless of course, you like white.

my sweetpainteddreams

and kitty Star's sweetpaintedpurrdreams

Mad Cap Dog

zany dog exploits - and other tails

Wilde About Dogs

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Playful Kitty

A place for all the world's playful kitties!

Pawesome Cats

We believe that cats make life better

Naked Eye Travel

A traveller's look at the world

Dogs N Pawz

Learn about dog breeds, canine health, puppies, senior dogs, training, grooming, homemade recipes, dog clothes & more

Reading With Rhythm

book reviews from Rhythm the Library Dog

AngelAtticus

Angel Cat. Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Katzenworld

All about (our) cats. Food, toys and other cat related products

Live & Learn

David Kanigan

The Grady Report

The journey of a blind dog and a guide human.

Wendt Worth Corgi's Weblog

Latest news, etc...

Fear No Project Blog - Focusing on the Management Side of Projects

Thoughts, experience, tips and tricks on issues affecting managers and project management

maijaharrington

pugs, dogs, dog behavior, animals, animal behavior, dog behavior, funny, humor, memoir

HOW Photography

Basic pictures. Pictures black and white. Full colour pictures. Artwork pictures. Just pictures.