9.2.12 Bad Mommy – But Sofie’s Ok

02 Sep

I am lacking inspiration and yes, I know why, but still it is hard to get moving on anything.  It doesn’t help that the heat has returned and it is really unpleasant to be outside.  So the dogs and I took a trip to PetSmart to return 2 big bags of kitten food that the kittens no longer need and to buy some new cat food and of course to get them treats.  I was actually very excited about taking them on an adventure because we have not done that much the last few weeks.  When we got to the store, I figured that I would be safe and I backed the truck up to the curb, so that when I let the dogs out, there would be less of a chance of them running into traffic.  Well, you know how in parking lots that have those cement bumps on the ground for cars to park against, I think they have some special name like… “curb stops,” or something.  When I opened the back door of the truck, the dogs were good and stayed until I told them to come out, but when Sofie jumped down she landed right on that cement bump and then proceeded to careen into the real curb, which was only 6″ or so away, and landed chin first. I was initially worried that she lost a tooth, but she appeared just dazed and did not whine or cry.  So, being the ‘let’s just keep going no matter what,’ kind of person, I went into the store with them.  It was about 5 minutes later, as we were admiring the guinea pigs (Note: please go to animal rescue (even guinea pigs), do not buy live animals from pet stores unless they are from an animal charity), that I realized she was bleeding all over the place.  She had really scraped her chin bad.  Thank goodness she did not loss any teeth.  I swapped her down with a tissue but then went to the in store vet and asked them for some wet guise to clean her up.  She did not like me touching it, but otherwise was ok and wanted to sniff and explore.  We had a great exploration of the store, got 2 new eggcrate beds for their kennels, and a new rope toy.  Did you notice how you always spend more money if your kids are with you in the grocery store (really, they have scientifically proven this to be true), well I absolutely spent more money because the dogs were with me in the pet store (or was it because I was suffering from Mommy guilt because one of my furries got hurt.)  Good thing the cats weren’t with us or I would be broke.

“Lulu, I got a boo boo, can you make it feel better?” – Sofie Bear

Post Script:  Sofie does not want me to touch the boo boo, but I have been trying to put antibiotic cream on it.  She has been licking her paws a lot and I think that is because she is trying to rub it.  She also won’t let me take a picture for you to see.  But she is fine.

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

“No Mommy – I do not want you to touch the boo boo and I really do not want you to take any pictures of it!”

Posted by on September 2, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “9.2.12 Bad Mommy – But Sofie’s Ok

1. Lindy MacDuff

September 2, 2012 at 00:16

Oh Sofie, so sorry you stumbled today! Your momma only wants to help you, but I understand how owchie your chin must feel. Sending you virtual hugs and luvs little one.

September 2, 2012 at 09:05

Thanks – she still won’t let me put anything on it.

September 2, 2012 at 06:04

Poor little girl! Feel better soon, Sofie. Mommy will help it feel better. xo

September 2, 2012 at 09:06

Thanks Cupcake – Mommy is a very good ‘feel better’ person – Sofie

3. zannyro

September 2, 2012 at 11:08

Poor Sofie…you didn’t even want your Mommy to put a band-aid with little dog bones all over it, on your chin? NO more guilt Mommy,,accidents happen :)

September 23, 2012 at 20:50

Yes they do and Sofie finds her share of them around here.

4. themisadventuresofmisaki

September 2, 2012 at 16:26

Poor Sofie:-( Hope it heals quickly and that you are getting lots of cuddles xx

September 3, 2012 at 09:37

She is and she loves the extra attention

5. Jodi Stone

September 2, 2012 at 21:19

Poor Sofie! heard of EMT gel, it coats the area is supposed to promote healing.

Have you

September 3, 2012 at 09:38

I will look it up. Is it for dogs specifically or people too?

6. Bassas Blog

September 4, 2012 at 01:16

Poor Sofie :(

September 23, 2012 at 20:47

She forgave me – thank goodness