9.18.12 Kitty Update

18 Sep

Miss Constance Kitty has decided that she will take over my office. When I take a break for a minute and then return to my desk, she is now always in my chair.  When I try to move her she gets mad at me.  If she can’t be on my chair than she has decided she will lay on my papers.  She does not want to go into the cat bed under the window which would be a good place for her (but it does probably smell like Noel, since it is her’s, so I kind of understand that).  I never thought Kitty liked me so I am really freaking out that she wants to be with me in my office and even is trying to get under the covers with me at night.  Kitty is one of those one person cats and she was Peanut’s kitten at first, but she turned into V’s cat over the years, but now, she seems to be taking a liking to me.   I don’t want her to like me!  (I know that probably sounds terrible.)  I already have to many other animals that beg for my attention in this zoo.  I like when the animal attention requirements is somewhat spread around to the other humans.  But, alas, it is now only V and me, which violates one of my rules – you should never have more pets than you have hands.  You see when it was us and the 3 kids, we had 10 hands.  At one point we did have 11 furballs (ok the guinea pigs had 3 babies, it was not planned).  But than the oldest moved out and we had 8 hands and 8 animals, and when it moved to 6 hands we had 7 animals, but now it is four hands and we still have 7 animals.  Oh my, I am in trouble here aren’t I, and I digress…..

I have come to some conclusions about Kitty’s behavior:

(1) Kitty pees on the coach when people are overnight visiting (especially intense energy people).  She does this to tell us she does not like outsiders in her house.  If her routine is changed or people are loud, she gets “pissed.”

(2) Kitty is calmer when I sequester her for dinner in the bathroom with her own litter box, for at least 1/2 hr.  She is happy and calm when I open the door.

(3)  “GoodNights” Disposable Bed Mats, with adhesive corners, are now an essential item on my shopping list.  They protect the coach cushions, under a cloth cover, very effectively.

(4)  I still do not know why she pees on newpaper or in empty bowls, but we leave no papers down, anywhere and no bowl empty, so this has not happened in a while.

(5) She secretly smiles when we spray Nine with the water bottle, mostly for chasing her or Muffin.  Tonight I actually gave Nine a very long time out because he kept trapping her into corners.

(6)  On days when Nine and/or Stella really terrorize her, she gets very upset and could act out.  Separating the cats, especially at night, makes a lot of difference in her stress level (Nine and Stella still sleep locked in the kitten room.)

(7)  Kitty is following me because I protect her and she knows it.  She is staying close because I have the power of the spray bottle and the ability to lock cats and dogs behind closed doors.

OK, I guess I can get used to her snuggling up to me if it will keep her from peeing on the furniture.  But I am going to keep my office door closed when I am not in there, just in case she changes her mind about the new improved relationship.

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on September 18, 2012 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “9.18.12 Kitty Update

September 18, 2012 at 01:28

Years ago I had a cat that would poop in the bath tub so one day I put just enough water to cover the bottom and the next thing I heard was a cat screech and then charge out of the bathroom, he never pooped in the tub again!

September 18, 2012 at 07:22

So glad you found a solution.

2. Jodi

September 18, 2012 at 12:06

Bob doesn’t like people over either, but thankfully he does not get as pissed as your kitty does, Bob simply goes and hides. He comes out when the house is once again quiet.

It’s good that you are understanding her behaviors, that is really the only way to prevent them!

September 18, 2012 at 12:10

Bob is smart. Sometimes I would like to hide too. LOL

September 18, 2012 at 12:16

Cats are naughty. I am never naughty. *gulp*

September 18, 2012 at 13:42

Cupcakes are purrrrrfect. hahahahahha

4. themisadventuresofmisaki

September 18, 2012 at 14:00

I like your theory about the hands/pet ratio. i assume fish don’t count? The means i could have 3 brothers or sisters:-) though i suspect the thought of having 3 more of me would make mummy fall into a stupor bol

September 18, 2012 at 15:41

No fish don’t count or we would be in big trouble because we have 3 tanks. Mummy gets to remake the rule as needed.

5. heretherebespiders

September 18, 2012 at 14:24

My previous dog would “forget” the rules when we had houseguests overnight – a whole loaf of bread stolen from the counter once. I was SHOCKED. But poor kitty is using you as a way to keep the meanies at bay, sorry! She knows there’s less torture when you are near.

September 18, 2012 at 15:41

A loaf of bread. How funny.

6. Bassas Blog

September 21, 2012 at 04:58

I did smile when you said that you have the power of the spray bottle – it makes you sound like a super hero! :)

September 21, 2012 at 16:18

That would be me – Mom the super hero!