9.24.12 “Sittin’ on the dock of the bay…”

24 Sep

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The fall weather is just so perfect for going down to the river and sniffing out all the fun smells.  We love checking out the new pier and seeing if we can find any smelly stuff left there.  Mommy tells us to ‘go fishing,’ and we sniff all the places that oysters or crabs cages may be hanging.  This is fun for all of us.  We sometimes meet other dogs and humans down there and it is nice to be able to run around with them.  So far we have not jumped off the dock to try and catch any ducks or other things swimming in the water, but Mommy is concerned that we might try that.  Lulu would be to chicken to do something like that, but I wouldn’t be.  I wonder what it would be like to be in a boat?  Maybe we should try one of these little boats that are on the rack?  And Mommy keeps talking about something called a ‘Jet Ski.’ Zooooom, that sounds like fun.  (But Mommy would probably be chicken like Louise.) – Your DogDaz reporter – Sofie Bear (aka River Princess)

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on September 24, 2012 in Dogs

12 responses to “9.24.12 “Sittin’ on the dock of the bay…”

1. Doggy's Style

September 24, 2012 at 04:54

Water and ducks are friends, you gotta greet them lol

2. Basil

September 24, 2012 at 05:21

Looks like you had so much fun, and I would definatly go for a swim with the ducks!!

September 24, 2012 at 08:26

It is hard to resist

September 24, 2012 at 06:10

For a minute there, it looked like you were about to jump. You are such good obedient girls walking around with no leashes. Mom barely takes my leash off inside the house!!! Worry-wart.

September 24, 2012 at 08:25

Thanks. I listen to Mommy because she gets really mad if I don’t, but Lulu seems to not hear her when she doesn’t want to. So she is on a leash a lot more than me. – Sofie

4. Chancy and Mumsy

September 24, 2012 at 13:08

We think fall is perfect for everything. Looks like you all had a super fun and nice time at the dock. Do you two plan to do some jet skiing? Loved the slide show, that water is so pretty and you both look beautiful! Hugs and nose kisses

September 24, 2012 at 13:30

We have talked about getting a Jet Ski for years to explore the river. I have never been on one. I think that a canoe might be more my speed, but I am disabled so probably could not paddle? Maybe I can teach Sofie and Louise to row. BOL

5. Lindy

September 24, 2012 at 16:59

What fun and great sniffs! I love the picture slideshow. ;-)

September 27, 2012 at 20:09

Looks like fun and that water looks very inviting girls :)

ps I now have that song stuck in my head…lol

September 27, 2012 at 22:13

We would like to swim in it, but Mommy only lets us sometimes.