9.25.12 Breezy Point

25 Sep

Breezy Point was a little breezy today.  Did I explain that it is called that because it is the point where the Magothy River (which is our tributary to the Chesapeake Bay) splits into 2 creeks, Divining Creek and Mill Creek.  I live in the middle of the 2 creeks and the peninsula point tends to always be breezy.  This is one of my favorite spots and I think it is for the dogs too. The dogs and I love to go down to the very tip of the point and watch the boats out on the river and the seabirds doing their seabird things.  Lulu likes to run in the stand of bamboo which is always getting overgrown and Sofie likes to venture out on the pier and sniff for new smells (she would like to dig in the sandbox, but I do not let her).

There are days that I could just loose track of time watching the clouds go by but the dogs seem to have a different agenda.  They need to always be moving.  They want to run and find something new and exciting to do.  They need to chase a squirrel or a stick or each other;  not content to while away the afternoon with me just reading a book on a bench.  So off we go on another adventure, somewhere, over a hill or visiting a dog friend.  I guess there will be time enough, when they are older to sit and just enjoy the view (maybe), for now, we press on and go explore some other beautiful vista.

Do you have a favorite spot with your dog?

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on September 25, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “9.25.12 Breezy Point

September 25, 2012 at 06:30

I see a slide in the background! Are there swings?? My favorite spot is the park with the baby swings! I love swings (and rocking chairs)!

September 25, 2012 at 10:06

Yes there are swings. The dogs are to big for me to lift them up. I will take pictures from that view for you Cupcake.

2. Paws To Talk

September 25, 2012 at 08:44

Gorgeous doggies!
    Bella and DiDi

September 25, 2012 at 10:07

Thanks. They do like nice, don’t they!

3. colliesofthemeadow

September 25, 2012 at 19:20

We have several spots but we havent been to them in a while since Trevor became sick and passed…. but soon we will return. :)

September 27, 2012 at 08:53

I understand that it is hard to go to fav spots that you once shared with someone special. The dogs and I have just started (after 2 years) going to the park that was where Squash and I spent the most time.

September 27, 2012 at 21:15

Looks like a great spot to go!

I guess my favorite spot would be wherever they are ;)

September 27, 2012 at 22:14

Yes – that is very true. Wherever we go as a pack tends to be fun.