9.28.12 Blog on Fire Award

28 Sep

What an incredible week to receive multiple awards! We received this really HOT award called the “Blog on Fire” Award for our sweet friend Taylor and her Mom, Jessica, at “I Adopted A Dog – Now What?”

Taylor is just the cutest 1 year-old Scottish terrier/dachshund mix with a personality all her own.  She was adopted at a Bay Area shelter this past June by her Mommy and Daddy. We enjoy following their antics and seeing what wonderful adventures they have.

I really appreciate that other bloggers find DogDaz enjoyable, and think it is so exciting when someone says we are HOT, especially on FIRE.  We like that a lot! Thank you sooooo much for thinking of us.

This award requires me to share 8 unusual tidbits about either myself or my pet. So, here I go:

1.  Louise and I seem to bonk heads a lot.  She will be jumping up while I am leaning down.  We both look at each other and go ‘Not Again?’

2. Sofie whimpers in her sleep.  It is so sad, but she is still sleeping.

3.  Both dogs snore and sometimes it can get very noisy.

4.  I feel kind of lost if I am home and the dogs are not with me.

5. For years Louise did not know that I did not lock her kennel door at night.  But one night she figured it out and about 4 AM she started poking me to wake up and play.  Now whenever I forget to lock it at night, she will sneak out and poke me.

6. Sofie will do any silly antics she can to not go to bed, even though she is really tired.  She lies down right in front of her kennel and rolls on her back and says ‘I’m so cute!  Do I really have to go to bed?’  This is an every night thing.  She cracks me up!

7.  Noel, the Christmas cat, hates to be picked up.  I force her to submit to the pick up and she cries until I turn her over and hold her like a baby, and then she falls asleep in my arms.  Anyone else who tries this will loss an arm (just warning you) but it ‘our’ thing.

8.  I would much rather blog and play with the dogs all day than work – I guess I know what I will do when I retire (if ever that happens).

The next thing is to pass this award to 8 blogs (in no particular order), who each display humor, class, and positivity with every post:

1. Chancy The Gardener

Tags: , , , ,

15 responses to “9.28.12 Blog on Fire Award

1. jmgoyder

September 28, 2012 at 01:03

You guys rock!

September 28, 2012 at 07:30

Thanks – we are having fun.

2. monicastangledweb

September 28, 2012 at 02:24

So many awards, so little time. Congratulations, my dear!

September 28, 2012 at 07:30

Thanks – they come in waves – it is nice to know that people notice and appreciate the fun we are having here at DogDaz

September 28, 2012 at 06:49

I like all your fun facts. Congratulations!

September 28, 2012 at 07:29

Thanks – they are fun, aren’t they?

4. themisadventuresofmisaki

September 28, 2012 at 09:41

Congrats on the awards. Enjoyed reading your tidbits :-)

5. tinykitchenstories

September 28, 2012 at 14:56

Congrats!

September 29, 2012 at 01:02

Thanks Tiny.

6. Jodi Stone

September 28, 2012 at 15:36

It makes me sad when they whine in their sleep. I know they say you shouldn’t wake a sleeping dog but I usually stroke them and that seems to help.

Congrats on another blog award, you are el fuego!!

September 29, 2012 at 01:01

Thanks Jodi. If Sofie is sleeping near me I do stroke her, but at night they are locked in their kennels on the other side of my bedroom, and I have a sheet over them, so I can’t get to her unless I open the kennel door. It is sad but also kind of cute.

7. Chancy and Mumsy

September 28, 2012 at 18:15

Congratulations on your award. We enjoyed reading the 8 things. We especially like number 8. :) Thanks for passing the award on to us, we will blog about it soon. Hugs and nose kisses

September 29, 2012 at 00:59

Yes – won’t it be nice to just play all day instead of work.

September 28, 2012 at 22:55

Congratulations!! I do love to read your blog :)

September 29, 2012 at 00:58

Thanks so much. We love that you love to read us. We like visiting your blog too.