10.6.12 A Room Of My Own

06 Oct

The problem with trying to take a shower here at the zoo is that there are always at least 2 animals that are in the bathroom with me at any time and several lining up outside the door trying to get in.  At this point, and now that all the kids are gone, I don’t bother to close the door because it is only going to get scratched up or some animal is going to stand on the other side of it and whimper and bark (and we all know who that would be.)  Louise, being the muscular thin haired dog that she is, does not like the cold tile of the floor, so, unless I put my bathrobe or a large towel down, she prefers to wait right outside the door on the carpet.  Sofie on the other hand, having 3 layers of fur, loves the cold tile and lies right outside the shower door.  Sometimes it is really hard to get out of the shower because she is fast asleep on the bath mat and has me trapped in the stall.  I guess they need to know where I am at all times.

I thought that when the kids no longer lived at home,  I could finally have the master bathroom back.  Even though there are 2 other bathrooms in the house, everyone wants mine (it does have the best shower and the best light, but I really think it is BECAUSE IT IS NOT THEIRS!) I have given up trying to keep animals out.  My huge soaking bathtub has become a velodrome for cat athletics.  Nine and Stella go racing into the bathroom the minute I open the door to chase cat toys around the inside of the tub (it is really great for rolling little cat balls around and it keeps them busy for a long time).  Kitty of course, likes to pee on the rug by the sink, and Muffin likes to chew on the plants (he does this first thing in the morning so that he can tick me off and I will go upstairs and feed him).  The only one that I have never seen in my bathroom is Noël (but maybe I just don’t see her because my bathroom is all white and she is all white too (just joking)).  But really, she does not come in there.

With Sofie’s allergies this season, I am kind of glad that she stays with me when I shower, so that the steam opens up her airways a little (yes, I am always thinking like a Mother).  Is it the comfort of being near or is it the soothing sound of the water that relaxes her and puts her to sleep in a matter of moments?

I don’t mind sharing the master bath with the other master in the house, but all these minors are just making me crazy.  Oh, did I mention the black Labby Lulu hair that just covers the white tiles any time she enters the room?

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on October 6, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “10.6.12 A Room Of My Own

1. jmgoyder

October 6, 2012 at 03:18

Haha!

October 6, 2012 at 13:31

Thanks for laughing. It is kind of funny, isn’t it?

2. themisadventuresofmisaki

October 6, 2012 at 13:39

Hehehe! I like to follow mummy into the bathroom too. I’m like Sofie, I enjoying laying on the tiles :-)

October 6, 2012 at 14:57

It is so nice an cool on a tile floor.

October 6, 2012 at 15:07

Black dog + White tiles = Trouble!!

October 6, 2012 at 15:10

Yep ! and she sheds 24/7 365 days a year.

4. whatimeant2say

October 6, 2012 at 22:32

One of my friends has a dog who always brings her the ball while she is trying to relax in the tub. One time, he dropped the ball in the tub. Before she could fish it out, he leapt in after it. So much for a calming soak!

October 7, 2012 at 10:48

Hahahaha – you have the best stories. That would definitely be something that would happen here too.

5. Doggy's Style

October 7, 2012 at 08:26

This sounds awfully familiar.

October 7, 2012 at 10:46

Animals and doors don’t mix

6. Jessica

October 7, 2012 at 10:07

Wow…I can totally relate!! Taylor used to whine by the door as well. Now she just sits on our bed and sulks whenever Mommy or Daddy is in the shower.
    By the way, your pics of Lulu and Sofie are ADORABLE!

October 7, 2012 at 10:45

Thanks Jess. They are so funny when they don’t get their way.

October 7, 2012 at 18:55

I can so relate to the shared bathroom experience :)

October 7, 2012 at 20:54

I guess we are a captive audience

8. bumpyroadtobubba

October 8, 2012 at 00:46

I laughed out loud when I read this: story of my life. The other day I made the mistake of not showering before Bubba woke up so by the time I got in there, despite the fact that I’d given both dogs a treat and put Elmo on for Bubba, I had approximately 1.5 seconds alone before three little creatures joined me in the bathroom!

October 8, 2012 at 08:44

Oh yes and when she gets older you will want to get in and she will have it locked doing some facial or girly thing. It does not end.

9. Bassas Blog

October 8, 2012 at 04:59

The cold tiles in our bathroom are wonderfully cool in the summer but cold in winter!

October 8, 2012 at 08:40

Bassa – With your coat I would think you like the cold winter tiles. Maybe you need to move south. BOL – DogDaz