10.7.12 Made You Look!

07 Oct

I am not sure what this means, but it seems that while I was away on business last week, Noël’s blogging increased my blog traffic significantly.  I have been worrying about how low my readership was getting.  My daily traffic rates have been steadily declining all year, but my recent absence appears to have caused a positive spike.  What does this mean?  Should DOGDaz become CATDaz?  Should I let Noël or the other cats run the zoo more often?  Should I go on more business trips?

The blog traffic has been a mystery to me.  As you know, I write DogDaz because I love to rant and rave about my animals and this gives me a way to have a positive start to my day and have some fun and feedback.  Blogging is such a personal thing.  I definitely find that it has become a major part of my life this past year (next month will be a year since I started).  Writing my little posts and thinking about the animals, their role in my life and my role in theirs, gives me great peace and happiness.  This new dimension, created through social media, provides an outlet that I find not only cathartic but addicting.  I will need to go back and see what it is about the Noël posts that made people read us that day.  Maybe it was the feline tone; the self-centered smugness of her highness, Queen Noël, the Christmas Cat; or maybe, it was just one of those statistical blips that happens in the blogosphere.

What makes you read us one day more than another?

Feedback greatly welcome – I am always trying to entertain and improve.

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on October 7, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “10.7.12 Made You Look!

1. jmgoyder

October 7, 2012 at 03:59

Mmmm – interesting. This is definitely a dog versus cat situation – ha!

October 7, 2012 at 10:47

Yes, I believe so. And since the true name of the blog is “DogDazCats2″ maybe I need to expose that side of the zoo more.

October 7, 2012 at 09:19

Cats are such overachievers! Ugh.

October 7, 2012 at 10:45

You’ve got that right

3. chaoticscribbles

October 7, 2012 at 12:50

This happened when I went away. I didnt let a kitty take over – Id never see my hamsters again – but I scheduled posts whilst I was away and got better hits than I do on a week I sit and slave over the comments and likes… I have no idea why it happened, I still havent figured it out. If you do fathom it out, let me know too ! :D

October 7, 2012 at 14:13

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. I guess if you left the hamsters in charge you would not have seen the kitty. LOL

4. themisadventuresofmisaki

October 7, 2012 at 16:05

It may be that the Noel posts appealed to cat bloggers? Who knows! My stats jump around all over the place, some days just seem to attract more attention than others.

October 7, 2012 at 20:57

Yes – the cats have it!

October 7, 2012 at 18:52

Could it be that on some days readers who are behind (me) spend several hours catching up all at once which I think could skew the stats :) Try as I may to read on a daily basis life just gets in the way of that ;)

October 7, 2012 at 20:56

I am lucky if I get to people’s blogs once a week. I absolutely understand. But, if we are all doing that, it would not skew the stats but give them a consistent level. Weekends are the worst for readership I find. Thanks for commenting

6. bumpyroadtobubba

October 8, 2012 at 00:44

Those cats are all over the internet! Just because they have smaller paws than us dogs it’s easier for them to work the keyboard. Oh, and mumma said that she’s given up trying to figure out what makes the stats tick, some days are amazing and others are just our usual and she doesn’t know why. She says she’s just happy people stop by! Why wouldn’t they? We’re so cute! (And Bubba is too). Lulu & Sofie – please keep writing. Noel can do it sometimes, but not always!! Bella & Beary x

October 8, 2012 at 08:45

Dogs Rule!!!!!

7. Bassas Blog

October 8, 2012 at 03:38

It was the novelty factor :)

October 8, 2012 at 08:41

Thanks – I will take that into consideration and maybe have some guest bloggers from time to time. Would you like to be my first?

8. Jodi Stone

October 8, 2012 at 12:50

Blog traffic is a mystery to me as well. I can’t figure out how to gather more readers and just when I’m about to give up, boom they’re reading again! LOL