10.11.12 Dogs have Owners; Cats have Staff

11 Oct

I know there was a bunch of you that were laughing at the title of today’s post and you understand what I am talking about.  K8 bought me a cute sweatshirt with that saying on it and it made me laugh.  Here at the zoo we live it every day.  I spend hours, days, even months training the dogs.  I own them and I feel that their behavior is definitely a reflection of the work I put into helping them understand what is expected of them in the world.  I am their ‘boss.’  Kind of like the sports team owner around here.

But the cats, well they definitely think I work for them.  “Human,” they say “we demand that you play with us now or we will bite on your phone cord or walk on your keyboard;” “Feed me now or I will throw up a hairball in the middle of the living room (especially since you just cleaned the carpet);” “Clean my litter box now or I will use this corner of your office as my new toilet;” “Feed me or I will go in the kitchen and knock all your favorite things off the counter;” need I say more.  The truth is, they are right.  I work for them.

“OK, Kitty, I’ll be right there!”

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on October 11, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “10.11.12 Dogs have Owners; Cats have Staff

1. themisadventuresofmisaki

October 11, 2012 at 03:56

Its so true!! That’s why dogs are the best:-)

October 11, 2012 at 07:27

They are the best – Lulu

October 11, 2012 at 06:21

That saying may be true, but I prefer the saying: Dogs rule. Cats drool. I wish Mom could buy me a shirt that says that!!

October 11, 2012 at 07:23

I like that one too

3. Kate!

October 11, 2012 at 08:09

LOL! but cats rule, dogs drool :P i like the dogs we’ve had though.

4. Doggy's Style

October 11, 2012 at 11:29

Dogs rule cuz they can carry 2 or 3 tennis balls in their mouth and cats can’t.

• Doggy's Style

October 11, 2012 at 11:30

My point is that dogs can work for us, and they do, cats…..

October 11, 2012 at 12:05

yes Doggy, I have never seen a cat carry a tennis ball.

October 14, 2012 at 22:10

LOL love this post!

my sweetpainteddreams

and kitty Star's sweetpaintedpurrdreams

Mad Cap Dog

zany dog exploits - and other tails

Wilde About Dogs

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Playful Kitty

A place for all the world's playful kitties!

Pawesome Cats

We believe that cats make life better

Naked Eye Travel

A traveller's look at the world

Dogs N Pawz

Learn about dog breeds, canine health, puppies, senior dogs, training, grooming, homemade recipes, dog clothes & more

Reading With Rhythm

book reviews from Rhythm the Library Dog

AngelAtticus

Angel Cat. Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Katzenworld

All about (our) cats. Food, toys and other cat related products

Live & Learn

David Kanigan

The Grady Report

The journey of a blind dog and a guide human.

Wendt Worth Corgi's Weblog

Latest news, etc...

Fear No Project Blog - Focusing on the Management Side of Projects

Thoughts, experience, tips and tricks on issues affecting managers and project management

maijaharrington

pugs, dogs, dog behavior, animals, animal behavior, dog behavior, funny, humor, memoir

HOW Photography

Basic pictures. Pictures black and white. Full colour pictures. Artwork pictures. Just pictures.