10.11.12 Dogs have Owners; Cats have Staff

11 Oct

I know there was a bunch of you that were laughing at the title of today’s post and you understand what I am talking about.  K8 bought me a cute sweatshirt with that saying on it and it made me laugh.  Here at the zoo we live it every day.  I spend hours, days, even months training the dogs.  I own them and I feel that their behavior is definitely a reflection of the work I put into helping them understand what is expected of them in the world.  I am their ‘boss.’  Kind of like the sports team owner around here.

But the cats, well they definitely think I work for them.  “Human,” they say “we demand that you play with us now or we will bite on your phone cord or walk on your keyboard;” “Feed me now or I will throw up a hairball in the middle of the living room (especially since you just cleaned the carpet);” “Clean my litter box now or I will use this corner of your office as my new toilet;” “Feed me or I will go in the kitchen and knock all your favorite things off the counter;” need I say more.  The truth is, they are right.  I work for them.

“OK, Kitty, I’ll be right there!”

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo <3

Posted by on October 11, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “10.11.12 Dogs have Owners; Cats have Staff

1. themisadventuresofmisaki

October 11, 2012 at 03:56

Its so true!! That’s why dogs are the best:-)

October 11, 2012 at 07:27

They are the best – Lulu

October 11, 2012 at 06:21

That saying may be true, but I prefer the saying: Dogs rule. Cats drool. I wish Mom could buy me a shirt that says that!!

October 11, 2012 at 07:23

I like that one too

3. Kate!

October 11, 2012 at 08:09

LOL! but cats rule, dogs drool :P i like the dogs we’ve had though.

4. Doggy's Style

October 11, 2012 at 11:29

Dogs rule cuz they can carry 2 or 3 tennis balls in their mouth and cats can’t.

• Doggy's Style

October 11, 2012 at 11:30

My point is that dogs can work for us, and they do, cats…..

October 11, 2012 at 12:05

yes Doggy, I have never seen a cat carry a tennis ball.

October 14, 2012 at 22:10