4.14.12 “Good Morning, Mom”

14 Apr

image My routine does not change very much day to day.  I wake up rather early (4:30 or 5 AM) and try to be quiet so the animals don’t hear me until around 6,  I let the dogs out of their kennels around 6:15 usually, and the first thing I do is let them out back.  They run, do their stuff, and then come back in and have breakfast.  Around 6:25 AM, all 7 animals get feed (the dogs in the dog feeding area, the 3 older cats in the kitchen (each in their spots) and the kittens in the kitten room), and I have my protein shake.  By 6:30, I am usually starting my first meeting during the week.  Animals do not understand weekends (and neither does my circadian rhythm).  So, everyday is basically the same.

image

"Mommy, let us in, it is cold out here and we want breakfast!!!"

I have been told that when I travel, the dogs have been known to sleep late.  Is that because the humans watching them just ignore the whimpers, or do they really?  I guess I will never know, since I am not there.  I would like them to sleep late, but since I do not, they do not.  We all fall asleep early in the evening too (I wonder why? – just kidding).  Guess they have me trained.

Just another dogdaz morning at the zoo ❤

Posted by on April 14, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “4.14.12 “Good Morning, Mom”

1. 2browndawgs

April 14, 2012 at 06:47

4:30 am is first bell around here. Yep we are early risers and so are the dogs. Should they see the hunting stuff being readied it is even earlier. Duck hunters get up at ungodly hours. 🙂

April 14, 2012 at 07:17

Duck watches do too!

2. Jodi Stone

April 14, 2012 at 07:44

I wish dogs understood weekends. Do you think they understand retirement?

April 14, 2012 at 17:57

Well, No, but they probably like having their people around more, if that is what retirement means.

3. jmgoyder

April 14, 2012 at 09:05

I wish I could be as organized as you – oh yeah and nice dressing gown -ha!

April 14, 2012 at 17:59

I have had that bathroom for probably… a million years. Thanks. I don’t know what I would do it it every died. In the very cold of winter I even wear it under my coat for a long dog walk because it is the only thing that cuts the wind. 🙂

4. Willow WonderBull

April 14, 2012 at 10:59

We can relate to the whole routine thing! M-F up by 5:30…All Dogs out for drinks and Potty. Feed 3 cats, separately of course, feed diabetic dog and give insulin. Quick shower make a quick Cup of Joe and protein bar To-Go. Get home, feed everyone, potty everyone, play frisbee and stick with big dogs before dinner to burn off stream, feed big dogs, eat my dinner, walk big dogs 2-5 miles, sit down and chill w/ computer and dogs til bedtime….wash, rinse repeat…..

5. Paws To Talk

April 14, 2012 at 18:55

We have our humans trained to wake up with us at dawn too. Good work doggies! 🙂

6. eof737

April 19, 2012 at 16:27

Quite the schedule… our cat is demanding too. 😆