Black and White Sunday: What Is Love?

03 Feb

Love is a funny thing: you can’t see it, you just feel it.

I love Louise and Louise loves me.

I know by the way she wakes me up in the morning (by walking on me and licking my face);

how she reacts when I come home from somewhere (with crazy tail wags);

the way she looks at me with those brown eyes (so soulful and adoring);

how she relaxes when I am near.

Some scientists say that animals don’t really love, that what we see is just an attachment or bond to the owner.

But I say that isn’t true!!  I think animals love – don’t you?

Posted by on February 3, 2019 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “Black and White Sunday: What Is Love?

1. franhunne4u

February 3, 2019 at 00:44

What is a bond but love? The scientists’ definition of love is rather human centric.

February 3, 2019 at 06:28

Isn’t everything we humans do based on our view? You are very right.

• franhunne4u

February 3, 2019 at 07:17

Yes, of course everything we do is based on our view – but some know it and try to see beyond it. Lets talk cats for a moment. If a boy shows you his a.. – nude backside, shoves his nude backside into your face that is rude. If your cat does the same (well, cats are always “nude”), the cat is friendly – in cat terms. Cats offer friends to sniff at their back – pheromones are a way of cats to communicate. So we should not judge a cat by human standards.
        Your question: What is love? is a very justified question when it comes to our pets! And yes, my cat loves me and repeatedly presents her backside when I am still in bed. She wants me to bond with her. She does not realize I cannot “read” or even sniff her pheromones.

February 3, 2019 at 08:00

Or is she just saying ‘kiss my butt’. Meow out loud! I absolutely agree

• franhunne4u

February 3, 2019 at 10:24

Nope, she’s done it to her mate all the time and he loved to take a good nose of … cat rear.

February 3, 2019 at 11:16

Haha

February 3, 2019 at 09:16

We doggies are made of 100% love. All we need is for someone to be there for us and we are on board – oozing love all over the place.

Love and licks and did I say love…?

February 3, 2019 at 11:16