2.11.12 We Are Honored By Another ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award

11 Feb

Wow – Another One Lovely Blog Award in the same week, this time from Dianda of Cats & Co.  Thank you so much.  Cats & Co is a very catty site with Suki, the Queen, and Hiro, the silly cat.  If you want to learn all about cats (and my 5 cats sure love to learn history and tips), this is the place to watch.

Here are 7 more things about us:

1.  I am deathly afraid of…..don’t laugh…..ballons!

2. Miss Constance Kitty will pee on the newspaper if you leave it on the kitchen table overnight (no one knows why).

3.  Louise can take the squeaker out of a dog tennis ball in 60 seconds max.

4.  I was attacked by 6 large guard dogs when I was in my twenties.

5.  I am terrible at cutting the cats claws (and I have many a shredded door jam to show for it).

6.  The dogs love cat food, and The Muffin Man loves dog food.

7.  I once had the opportunity to walk/run a wolf through the woods.  He was rescued from a captive situation and was being cared for by a rescue society.  Though he was old, and tethered to me around the waste, I ran for over an hour behind him.  I will never forget the wolves eye view.  He had to be walked by a human so that no one took a shot at him and also so he did not run away (I guess).

So now to pay it forward to 5 more lovely blogs:

BassasBlog: I must say that I keep forgetting the dog that I am madly in love with, every blog day, Bassa, – She is the most incredible looking, sweetest giant on the net.  And her humans have shown me a lot about the place they live, Tblisi.  Keep up the giant work and making me smile every day.

The Dante Diaires: Dante Alighieri is a 3 year old Malti-Poo, weighing in at about 5 lbs. (my girls would call that breakfast – LOL).  Follow his adventure with his humans in Florida.  They call him the Traveling-Boy (an he appears to be very portable).

Missing Williow Farm: This is the adventures of my x-coworker Connie, her husband, and her farm.  Check out her new goat triplets.  The site is well done, fun, and informative.  She has taught me there can be a life after the corporation.

PhotoBotos: These pictures are blowing me away, even if they aren’t dogs and cats.  The brothers, Charlie and Tom, are on a mission to provide us with one AMAZING picture everyday.  You must see!!!

Cupcake Speaks:  The tales of the adorable rescue, Cupcake, and his children’s book author mom, are a great read.  Mom also blogs a lot about kids, as a former teacher.  A big woof for this little dog.

Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo!  Keep those awards coming – we love them and you too!!!! ❤

Posted by on February 11, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to “2.11.12 We Are Honored By Another ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award

1. Bassas Blog

February 11, 2012 at 01:30

Congratulations on receiving this very lovely award and thank you so much for passing it to Bassa’s blog and for the very lovely words. I loved reading the seven things about you – running with a wolf must have been amazing!

February 11, 2012 at 08:31

Bassa – I have a picture of me and the wolf here on my office wall to remind me of that day. Some Native Americans believe that the wolf is the teacher. I definitely believe that I am the student. – DogDaz

2. Bongo

February 11, 2012 at 02:02

Congratulations on receiving this award. It was fun learning more about you and the family. I follow some of the blogs you passed the award on to and agree that they are good choices.

3. tiffy40

February 11, 2012 at 03:22

Congratulations:)

4. rumpydog

February 11, 2012 at 07:17

Oh my goodness! You were attacked by guard dogs? And are not now afraid of dogs…. I am amazed! What a fascinating read. We’re also not real good with cat claws and our dogs would eat all the cat food if I’d let them (they’d snack out of the litterbox too).

It’s very nice to learn more about you. Have a great day!

PS: Anybody in your crew over there interested in being a guest on my blog sometime? If so, check out my ABOUT page for info.

February 11, 2012 at 08:28

Rumpy – The whole zoo said they would love to come and be a guest, some blog better than others – LOL. Just contact me at dogdazcats2@aol.com and we can arrange. Thanks for the offer – that would be so cool. I love your interview style and your interviewees.

February 11, 2012 at 08:34

PS – Regarding the ‘afraid of dogs,’ I do have weird flash backs sometimes when a large dog comes charging at me a certain way. I believe if you are afraid of something you need to embrace it and walk through the fear so that you can come to other side. Except, in my case, ballons. Though I did buy them for my kids, they had to stay out of site in the very back of the van when traveling.

February 12, 2012 at 09:38

OMG! We’ve just caught up and saw this Lovely award from our lovely friends. Thank you! Louise is my new idol. I must work very hard to get squeakers out of my toys. She has figured out the secret I have been searching for my whole life!