2.11.13 Monday Mischief: Stealing Time

11 Feb

It has been hard, since before xmas, to spend much time writing long posts on the blog.  It is not because I don’t want to, it is just because of time. There are many factors that vie for time in our lives.  For me, the number one time taker is the work I do to make a living. It makes sense that is the largest chunk of time, but, I wish it wasn’t.  I wish I could find more time to be with my family and friends, and, of course, with my animals. I want more time to write the blog and especially more time to read other blogs.

Reading Blogs

Noel and Mom reading Blogs

I have started looking at those things that I do that steal time.  I want to clarify that by stealing time, I mean things that do not enrich my daily experience; that don’t make my life better, or my day brighter. Time stealers are things like standing in a very long line to mail a package (I know how to avoid this one by going to a UPS mailbox store) or reading through a zillion Facebook posts (I am doing that less and less).  My life, especially my digital life, is jammed packed with information and learning to cull through it is a new age challenge.

One of my biggest hurdles lately is finding time to read all the wonderful blog posts that my many blogfriends write every day (and having time to leave comments).  I am struggling with that. Between work, and health, and family, and animals, there appears to be less and less time to read and more and more time where I MUST do other things.

So, today, “Mischief Monday,” Noel, the Christmas Cat, and I are going to be little mischievites (I made that word up) and steal back some time and read some blogs.  (Hope we don’t get caught by the time police!)

mondaybloghop

This is a blog hop. I hopped it from Snoopy’s DogBlog. Check them out for more mischief.

Posted by on February 11, 2013 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

24 responses to “2.11.13 Monday Mischief: Stealing Time

1. angelswhisper2011

February 11, 2013 at 02:57

We’re having also a problem with bringing balance into the blogging, reading and the “normal” things to be done in life. Mostly we’re reading much to long and than we’re running out of time, but now Granny has make herself a limit to stop. You both have a mischievites (I love that word) day 😉

February 11, 2013 at 08:58

Yes Angel. We must figure out new limits but hope you keep reading DogDaz 🙂

2. Animalcouriers

February 11, 2013 at 03:00

It’s a constant balancing act and the time stealers are so frustrating.

February 11, 2013 at 10:16

Yes they are and identifying them is hard

3. Long Life Cats and Dogs

February 11, 2013 at 04:59

Oh boy, I so know the feeling. I want to read all the blogs but it just takes up so much time. However, I regard it as a wonderful thing and well worth risking the time police for. Enjoy the catch up and have a wonderful day.

February 11, 2013 at 11:57

We will thanks

4. Unconfirmed Bachelorette

February 11, 2013 at 06:33

I have ditched Facebook for blog reading, too! And my tv is off for nights on end. I think I’ve got my priorities in good order. 🙂

February 11, 2013 at 11:57

Sounds like it!

5. themisadventuresofmisaki

February 11, 2013 at 07:17

Good luck with the time stealing! It is really hard to keep up with everything, especially when you have work and other commitments too. Have a great day blog-reading:-)

February 11, 2013 at 11:58

Thanks Misaki. Looks like something is cooking in your kitchen. I will try not to miss it.

6. Roxy (@RoxyTrvlingDog)

February 11, 2013 at 10:51

I have always said, time is something I want more of.

February 11, 2013 at 11:58

I would love to find that 25th hour

7. Will and Eko

February 11, 2013 at 11:57

There is NEVER enough time, but it sounds like you are doing everything right to make the most of what time you have.

February 11, 2013 at 11:59

Thanks Will and Eko – will will plod along.

8. Bailey

February 11, 2013 at 16:47

I try to set aside certain days and plow my way through to catch up on what’s going on in the Blog world.

February 11, 2013 at 18:09

That seems to be the best way that I have found. Usually Sunday.

9. Gizmo

February 11, 2013 at 16:54

Momz has a hard time getting me to all our furriend’s houses too some days…I tell her it’s OK cause furreinds understand and like you anyway…we dawgs are like that:)

February 11, 2013 at 18:09

furrr sure

10. 2browndawgs

February 11, 2013 at 20:32

It is difficult to find time. I try to set some time every day m-f to read. I never get to them all to comment, but I try to read. 🙂

February 11, 2013 at 20:36

You are very disciplined. Just like with your dogs 🙂

11. Pat Bean

February 11, 2013 at 21:25

I follow too many blogs and usually spend my first half hour reading and commenting on some of them. After that it’s a quick hit and miss with my fingers constantly on the delete key. It’s a shame but a fact of life that there are only so many hours in a day. There truly are a lot of great blogs out there.

February 12, 2013 at 07:16

So right Pat. Thanks for the comment. Glad to see I made it before the delete key. LOL. I know exactly what you are saying.

12. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

February 11, 2013 at 22:28

Hey Dogdaz – I think the time police make an exception for being little mischievites!! How cool, hey? 🙂

I know how you feel, there’s always so much fun things to do and so little time, it was super cool to have a visit from you today – thank you 🙂

Have fun,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

February 12, 2013 at 07:15

We had fun reading your blog today Snoopy. We wish someone would pay us just to do that all the time.