Wordless Wednesday: Stayin’ Alive

06 Aug

hanging on

I opened the pool filter basket to clean it and found 2 unlikely guests.  They only had a few minutes of strength left to hang on from what I could tell.  I placed them under a bush.  They must have survived, because when I looked back a few minutes later, they were not there.  In all these years I have never had live salamanders in the pool.  The next day, weirdly, I had a frog.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

wordless-wednesday-badge1

This is a Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop. Thanks to BlogPaws for the hop. Head over there and see what they are blogging about.

Posted by on August 6, 2014 in Animals

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Stayin’ Alive

August 6, 2014 at 06:12

I’m surprised the chlorine didn’t do them in. Tough little survivors!

August 6, 2014 at 08:02

Cupcake, Mom is an expert at using very little chemicals (even with 18000 gallons of water). I am surprised when frogs and stuff swim in the pool. We worry too.

2. fredrieka

August 6, 2014 at 06:17

wow that was cool

August 6, 2014 at 08:01

Not if you are the one that has to pick out the filter basket. BOL

3. scifihammy

August 6, 2014 at 07:38

So glad to hear they survived. 🙂

August 6, 2014 at 08:00

I am always so sad when I clean the filter and find dead things (which I hate to say is often). I keep things floating in the pool so that animals can hold onto something if they fall in, but not everyone know how to.

August 6, 2014 at 07:41

wait a minute … i have to call my mom back… she thought it’s a snake :o) Glad you rescued them and they got a second chance :o)

August 6, 2014 at 07:59

I have had dead baby black snakes in the filter but the big ones tend to stay on land. Never had a water snake (thank goodness), they stay down by the river.

5. Susan C. Willett

August 6, 2014 at 08:53

There’s a skimmer cover (called a Critter Skimmer I think) that has a ramp to help trapped creatures find their way out.

Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

6. Oz the Terrier

August 6, 2014 at 10:04

Looks like something we would find in our pool! The frogs tend to go into the part of the filter where the water comes back out. They just hang out in there, under water…freaks Ma out!

August 6, 2014 at 12:41

Oh wow! That would freak me out too. They live though, and that is the important thing.

7. speedyrabbit

August 7, 2014 at 02:03

glad yo saved them,xx

8. Jim

August 7, 2014 at 07:29

Well we get frogs sometimes but not salamanders