Black and White Sunday: Reading Blogs

10 Aug

8.10.14

Noel is trying to catch up on her blog reading.  It has become so difficult to post 365 days per year and still read all the blog posts of her cyberfriends.  There must be a better way, but she has just not found it.  Seems like all the Reader apps are limited.  How do you keep up with your blog reading?

nolasugar_bwbadge_pm

This is part of the Black and White Sunday Blog Hop. Thanks to Dachshund Nola and Sugar for hosting.

Posted by on August 10, 2014 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

31 responses to “Black and White Sunday: Reading Blogs

August 10, 2014 at 06:01

We keep up by not keeping up. When Mom has a busy day, and can’t read all her favorite blogs, she skips them and starts fresh the next day. Then she is magically caught up!

August 10, 2014 at 06:48

Great, and guilt freeing, way to go. Thanks.

August 10, 2014 at 06:43

Please drop me a line immediately Noel, when you find the solution how to keep up with blog reading. We had no internet connection last week for only one day and I was busy till 2 am in the morning with reading posts :o)

August 10, 2014 at 06:49

Oh Easy, you sound as obsessed as me. – Noel

3. speedyrabbit

August 10, 2014 at 07:26

hahaha me too,xx Rachel

August 10, 2014 at 08:29

Looks like we are not alone

4. Emmadog

August 10, 2014 at 07:43

We like to get all our friends posts per email. We just go through the inbox during the day and read, delete, read, delete. The longer you blog, the more friends you have, the more posts to read, but we don’t know of a way to read any faster and we don’t see how a reader would help, but some like to use a reader.

August 10, 2014 at 08:34

Definitely a thoughtful way to read. Thanks.

5. fozziemum

August 10, 2014 at 08:11

Million dollar question….with seemingly no answer…urghhh I have been off and now behind..i think you just have to do what Cupcake does..i mean it’s like a full time job! and I am now at the point where I am going nuts almost hahaah 🙂 I am not offended f peeps miss my blogs then pick up wth the latest…but I always worry about missing out on someone and offending them…but we need really to be practical 🙂 good luck!! hugs Fozziemum

August 10, 2014 at 08:33

Thank you for the absolution.

• fozziemum

August 10, 2014 at 08:45

Drives me batty…I think we all need a badge on our sidebars..” Visit when you can..i know you are busy” haahhaa 🙂

6. Julianne Victoria

August 10, 2014 at 11:43

NO worries! We all are busy. ❤

August 10, 2014 at 13:56

Thank you for saying that, but I do worry. I guess because I really want to read stuff and I also want you to keep reading me.

7. Susan C. Willett

August 10, 2014 at 13:59

Such a good question. I don’t check other blogs every day–just some. And I use tools like Bloglovin and an RSS aggregator called NetVibes that allows me to quickly scan new posts and go to the stories that interest me.

I also tend to check the sites of people who follow me–and I leave comments where I can.

Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

August 10, 2014 at 16:17

Thank you so much. I will check those tools and see if they help.

8. Miss Destiny

August 10, 2014 at 14:15

OMD–Love how Noel is peeking at you from the corner of her eye! She’s like “are you disturbing me AGAIN with your stupid photos?!” heheh I can relate! Also totally relate with the problem of keeping up. I guess Momma & I kind of try to read a bunch of the latest posts on friends’ blogs a few times/week when we have a little time. Certainly not daily. Just can’t do it! Can barely manage as is. It really IS like a full-time job! We try to leave comments and follow friends who follow us, too 🙂 xo

9. onespoiledcat

August 10, 2014 at 14:23

WordPress Reader helps……and getting up at 4:30AM does too (eeeek!)

Pam

August 10, 2014 at 16:14

But when do you go to sleep?

10. pawedblog

August 10, 2014 at 15:30

The only reader I use is the wordpress one and then when we see the folks on hops that helps jog our memory for the rest. But it is so tough! I definitely spend more time visiting freinds than I do on my actual blog!… If you find a solution, please do write a post on it 😀
    Hugs, Carrie and Pups x

August 10, 2014 at 16:13

Thanks Carrie – I will let you know what I find out – Lorian

11. Mark S

August 10, 2014 at 16:28

That is a great questions and I am looking forward to your post about the solution on how to balance blogging and reading. Right now, I just do what I can when I can.

August 10, 2014 at 16:29

You are not alone. Seems like most people’s way of dealing with the challenge.

12. bumpyroadtobubba

August 10, 2014 at 20:35

Even when I do find weeks where I miraculously manage to read them, I realise that I haven’t clicked like or commented then worry my friends won’t know I’ve stopped by. Some weeks I’m convinced Cupcake is the only one reading my blog – although my stats tell me something different 🙂 x

August 10, 2014 at 21:58

Funny, Cupcake and you are doing a great job. Sometimes I can’t find the LIKE button on some people’s blogs, so even though I get there, if I don’t comment, only their stats would tell them. I have to keep up with you because Bubba grows so fast and I don’t want to miss anything.

• bumpyroadtobubba

August 10, 2014 at 23:05

I think people who have moved from the traditional WordPress platform are the ones whose LIKE buttons seem to have gone MIA! I can’t believe how quickly Bubba is growing either. C-R-A-Z-Y!

13. Dogs N Pawz

August 10, 2014 at 20:50

We have a hard time keeping up too! I think we all do!

August 10, 2014 at 21:56

Seems like the common theme I am hearing from everyone.

14. Miss Harper Lee

August 10, 2014 at 22:09

I think Cupcake has the right idea. Instead of going back and back and back to try to catch up, just start tomorrow as a new day. Everyone understands . . . at least I hope so because that’s what I do. 🙂

August 10, 2014 at 22:43

Yes, Miss Harper Lee, I do think the Bloggers understand each other. We are all in the same boat. And, Cupcake is always right.

15. goldenwoofs