Black and White Sunday: A Different View

07 Jun

6.7.15 Nine SlatesMr. Nine in his favorite spot.

Same window as yesterday’s picture, but this time it is from the inside instead of the outside.

When I look at this picture it makes me think about how my house is a little bit crooked.  No seam is straight; no blind perfect.  I grew up in a perfect home.  My Mom stayed at home full time and one of her greatest joys was the beautification and perfection of our home.  She did an incredible job of decorating and cleaning and making sure that everything had a place.  Working in business my whole adult life, I never seem to get the time for domestic perfection.  On top of long work days once I added kids and multiple animals, I found that domestic bliss for me was getting the laundry done one night a week, feeding the humans something reasonably healthy a few times a day, and cleaning up litter pans, guinea pig cages, and, the usual cat barf on the rug. (Did I mention we had one well-behaved poodle when I was growing up, Louie, who was taught to never go into the living room (so no hair or mud on anything) – and who never barked or did anything disgusting in the house).  Here at the zoo we live with many humans and currently 6 furballs.  Mud, fur, chewed blinds, and an accumulation of dog and cat toys, litter my home.  My mother, may she rest peacefully in heaven, would be appalled.  I decided long ago that I was never going to be a domestic goddess instead I channel that energy into being an incredible Mom to humans and furbabies.  All this emoting from a crooked string on the bottom of a mini-blind.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

nolasugar_bwbadge_pm

This is part of the Black and White Sunday Blog Hop. Thanks to Dachshund Nola and Sugar for hosting.

Posted by on June 7, 2015 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Black and White Sunday: A Different View

1. fredrieka

June 7, 2015 at 06:30

peek a boo I see you

June 7, 2015 at 06:32

Very good. Hahaha

2. Earl Lover

June 7, 2015 at 14:37

Cute and creative. Love it.

sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

June 7, 2015 at 21:09

Thank you Earl. We try to look for special shots

3. M. K. Clinton

June 8, 2015 at 01:59

I was like your mom and stayed at home being a domestic goddess for years. I even managed to keep a spotless house with the kids and dogs after going to work. Now that the kids are grown and my husband and I are retired, I have definitely slacked off the house cleaning! It is great! LOL!

June 8, 2015 at 06:22

And I thought, when I retire is when I would finally get it done. Lol.