8.3.12 Melbourne and Sydney Trip Animal Pics

Thinking Buddies – Taronga Zoo – Sydney

EMU – Taronga Zoo – Sydney

Kookaburra – Sydney

Tasmanian Devil – Sydney

Bottlebrush Bush – Sydney

Dhole ( Australian wild dog) – Sydney

Wallaby standing next to me

Big Reds ignoring me

Kanga looking at me

Ibis trying to eat my lunch

Ibis following me around the city

Flightpath Sydney to LAX

‘Not’ Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo ❤

Posted by on August 3, 2012 in Animals

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

21 responses to “8.3.12 Melbourne and Sydney Trip Animal Pics

1. barb19

August 3, 2012 at 02:09

Glad you had time to visit Taronga Zoo in Sydney; I’ve never been myself, but I believe it’s awesome, great habitats made for the animals.
    Thanks for posting the pics, they are great!

August 3, 2012 at 07:56

Barb if you get a chance you should spend a day. It was great fun.

2. jmgoyder

August 3, 2012 at 06:02

My dad used to take us to that zoo when we were little – oh the memories – great pics!

August 3, 2012 at 07:57

Though I hate zoos, I love zoos. Sometimes it is the only way we can help a species survive and surely it is a way we can educate the public. I am sure you have sweet memories with your Dad, is there a zoo in Perth?

• jmgoyder

August 3, 2012 at 08:21

Yeah, but we live 200 kms from Perth alas

August 3, 2012 at 06:11

You’re in the middle of a zoo no matter where you go! Great shots.

August 3, 2012 at 07:58

Thanks Cupcake – I need the animals, so I make sure to see them everywhere I go.

4. Jodi Stone

August 3, 2012 at 09:49

I don’t envy you the flight!! I hate flying and don’t think I could do that flight. 😦

August 3, 2012 at 10:36

And then when the Sydney to LAX (15 hrs) was done I had to cross the US and go another 5 hours. Never fun, but, like most things in life, when you are through the pain on the other side are beautiful things.

5. Lindy MacDuff

August 3, 2012 at 10:27

You saw a lot! I love the Kookaburra and Tasmanian Devil.

I’ve always wanted to travel “Down Under” ever since our trip to Hawaii in 1985. However, we’ve never done it and now I don’t think I could tolerate such a long flight. The nonstop flight between Indianapolis and Phoenix is long enough! lol!

August 3, 2012 at 10:42

I understand and flying used to be more of a fun event (mom used to make use get dressed up including white gloves) and it has turned into such a hassle (now you wear your worst clothes). Quantas is a really nice airline (unlike the current american group of horrible planes) and the seats are not to bad. The long part is going West (16 or 18 hours) and you think you are done when you are only 1/2 way through. I love Phoenix though and that is a great place to take animal shots. Go to the Sonora Desert Museum and check out the humming bird aviary. It is incredible.

• Lindy MacDuff

August 3, 2012 at 14:25

Thanks for the tip! It’s probably been 8 years, at least, since we’ve been down to the Sonoran Desert Museum (we love it). Major, major road construction down there kept us away and then we moved back to the Midwest. But hopefully we’ll get down there again on one of our trips back and for sure when we retire back out there. 😉

6. Doggy's Style

August 3, 2012 at 11:46

I’ve always wanted a wallaby, and up to this date I don’t know, I think it’s because I like how the name sounds.

August 3, 2012 at 13:13

I actually found a site that sells them as pets, but something seems wrong about that to me. They are really cute and this one came right near me.

• Doggy's Style

August 3, 2012 at 13:20

That sounds weird to me too, I wouldn’t buy one, poor things, I don’t they they would do a nice pet.

August 4, 2012 at 21:25

Looks like you had and amazing trip!!

August 4, 2012 at 22:03

Yes – Thanks. Not many city animals though. A few pampered dogs here and there.

8. Bassas Blog

August 5, 2012 at 04:00

I like the picture of the Thinking Buddies! 🙂

9. sezkg

August 5, 2012 at 07:22

Wow looks like you had an amazing trip! I love our native Aussie wildlife 🙂 You can get wallaby’s as pets in the US??? That’s so weird! You need a licence to have one here! You can only get one if you’re a wildlife rescuer or ranger and have rescued an orphan.
    I went to Taronga Zoo last weekend! It’s fantastic there! Just a note – dholes are actually Indian 🙂 Maybe you’re thinking of our dingo? They’re pretty similar in appearance! 😛

August 5, 2012 at 07:59

Oh, since the Dhole was in your zoo, I figured it was local. They did not have Dingos, which I don’t think they should anyway. Not sure a dog should be in zoo. Love your country, your people, and your wildlife. Not sure that the site for the Wallabies was in the US, it looked like they were for sale in ANZ. Thanks for stopping by.

• sezkg

August 5, 2012 at 08:36

Yeah you don’t see many dingos in zoos. You see them in local wildlife parks though. There’s a pack in a wildlife park near where I live. I did work experience there and they’re so beautiful and love their cuddles 🙂 theyre also very well looked after!
        Glad you enjoyed Australia! Sydney is beautiful! I’ve been there a few times, most recent of which was last weekend 😛 I’m from Adelaide in south aus, much smaller than Sydney 🙂