3.18.13 Monday Mischief: Only One So Far

18 Mar

2013-03-14_13-27-09_815

2013-03-14_13-27-20_362

The dogs and I like to walk on the floating pier and I tell them to “go fishing,” and they run and sniff all the interesting smells around the boats.  But there isn’t much to sniff right now.  Only one boat appears to be brave enough to be in the water (it is still pretty cold – they are calling for flurries tonight).  Boats around here are mostly wrapped in fancy white stuff and on trailers in people’s yards during the winter.   But, they will start coming back to the pier pretty soon since the daffodils and crocus are blooming.

The pier is on ‘Breezy Point,’ at the end of my peninsula, and, yes, it is very breezy. The girls are running into the wind, which they love.  Talk about mischief!  When the wind blows Louise can get into a lot of trouble following the scents on the wind.  I love the smell of spring in the air, even if it is below freezing.

Do you get into more mischief in the wind?

mondaybloghop

This is a blog hop. I hopped it from Snoopy’s DogBlog. Check them out for more mischief.

Posted by on March 18, 2013 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

21 responses to “3.18.13 Monday Mischief: Only One So Far

1. angelswhisper2011

March 18, 2013 at 03:48

When my dog was still on earth, she was snapping at the wind. She liked to play with it too 🙂

March 18, 2013 at 08:32

They do love to eat the air it seems.

March 18, 2013 at 06:45

I don’t like the wind. It turns my ears upside down! I would like to “go fishing” for smells, though…. That looks like fun.

March 18, 2013 at 08:31

Yes – you might blow away down there. Stay close to Mom.

3. Vicki Flaherty

March 18, 2013 at 08:49

Sweet! Here’s to a little mischief and adventure!

March 18, 2013 at 11:19

I agree … the wind has a lot of interesting smells and messages in spring ;o) Hope the wind will not blow me away like Dorothy ;o)

March 18, 2013 at 15:00

Stay grounded

5. Oz the Terrier

March 18, 2013 at 11:34

I love all the stinky scents at the boat/fishing pier. I hope it warms up for you soon so you all can enjoy those fishing walks more!

March 18, 2013 at 14:59

Thanks Oz. Then the crabs and oysters start coming out.

6. mythreemoggies

March 18, 2013 at 13:53

Oh what a great place for a stroll

March 18, 2013 at 14:57

Thanks – we love our river

7. themisadventuresofmisaki

March 19, 2013 at 07:21

I get super hyper when its windy! Mummy hates walking me in it. Ahe always thought it was because of the way the wind ruffles my fur, but maybe it is cos of the smells floating about, hadn’t thought about that before!

March 19, 2013 at 09:58

Old Squash E Bear used to stick his nose high up into the air and follow the scent like crazy on these days. Louise runs with the wind. For sure you need to play more in the wind to explore your inner crazy. Sorry Mummy.

8. speedyrabbit

March 19, 2013 at 12:53

Looks like you had some nice weather for you walk,xx Speedy and Mum

March 19, 2013 at 15:58

It was cold and windy – but clear. Getting nicer every day

9. Savannah's Paw Tracks

March 21, 2013 at 18:44

I too like my whiffies through my screen doors. And my Spring is definitely HERE!

10. bumpyroadtobubba

March 24, 2013 at 04:54

The wind sends all three of my kids a little crazy. There would be swimming if Bella and Beary were told to go fishing!!

March 24, 2013 at 18:42

hehehehe – Sofie actually does get her feet wet, but I try to call her back before she goes to deep. Louise prefers the beach