Tuesday’s Tails: 16 Yr Old Golden Mix Dropped At Shelter

22 Jul

So glad you are joining me today for the Dogs N Pawz Blog Hop called Tuesday’s Tails.

New posts go up on Tuesday but you can link up and post when you want all week-long.  The whole purpose is to feature cats, dogs, rabbits, birds, etc. so when you link up is up to you!  Even pets from PetFinder, are fine.  Let’s just get them all homes!

Dogs N Pawz said “I also want to encourage all of you to share each other’s Tuesday’s Tails posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and whatever other social media channels you use.  The more we share the more likely we are to get the word out!”

TuesdaysTailsBlogHopOfficialBadge_zpsb5025ffe

This is terribly sad situation.  Can someone please take Pfeizer?  He is in North Carolina.  He shouldn’t have to spend his final days in a concrete cell.

————————————————————————

On July 17, the owners of a 16-year-old golden retriever mix walked their elderly dog into the Beaufort County Animal Control in Washington, N.C., and handed his leash over to a shelter employee.

TT 7.22.14

The dog, named “Pfeizer,” has all of the typical signs of advanced age…his body is arthritic, his skin is looser than it once was and his fur is thin and missing in places.

The following information is listed on Pfeizer’s Petango pet profile:

Pfeizer is a 16 year old Neutered male Golden Retriever mix that was surrendered by his owners on 7/17 because they couldn’t keep him anymore. He has some skin allergies on his back that the vet has been treating, but he is still irritated back there. He is an elderly dog, and doesn’t like a lot of people. But is ready for adoption NOW.

Please take a moment to network this senior dog’s information – he deserves to enjoy his final moments of life in the comfort of a home, on a soft bed, by the side of a person who loves him.

Information:

• Petango link for Pfeizer here
  • Animal ID : 23345387
  • Age 16 years
  • Size – Extra large
  • Neutered
  • Facebook thread for Pfeizer here
  • Please direct all inquiries about this dog to the facility where he is being held; refer to identification number 23345387

Note: For more info email the shelter staff at animal.control@co.beaufort.nc.us. Always refer to the petango or ID number! Adoption fee is $65 which includes spay/neuter, p/d shot, bordetella, microchip and deworming. Approved 501c3 Rescues can pull for $15 which includes p/d shot, bordetella, microchip and deworm. Some volunteer assistance for 501c3 rescues.

——————————————————-

Please remember that all pets need loving homes.  Foster or forever – you can help today.  All of us at DogDaz Zoo Thank You!  We rescued Mommy, maybe some animal can rescue you!!

Posted by on July 22, 2014 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 responses to “Tuesday’s Tails: 16 Yr Old Golden Mix Dropped At Shelter

1. bumpyroadtobubba

July 22, 2014 at 00:41

I can’t *like* this post. It breaks my heart. How on earth can people do this to their lifelong companions? This poor sweet love :*(

July 22, 2014 at 07:46

I agree. This blew my mind when I read it. I guess we still have a long way to go to get people to accept full responsibility for their actions, not just what is convenient. But, until I walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, I know that I can not judge them (though I really want to).

2. Barbara

July 22, 2014 at 04:30

How can someone give away a 16 year old companion? I just don’t understand people some times.

July 22, 2014 at 07:44

I would love to start a senior permanent retirement village just for cases like this.

July 22, 2014 at 04:36

He was a friend and family member for 16 years ( I would be happy to be together with my dog for such a long time!)… and they gave him away? …sometimes I can’t understand this world.

July 22, 2014 at 07:43

Easy, I try to think the best of humans, and figure they are heart broken too but probably could not care for the baby anymore (at least that is what I like to think). Though pets are a life time commitment, not everyone sees it that way. Maybe these people would drop their human children at a hospital and leave them if they were sick? Do you think? Makes me mad but that is a waste of energy. I am sending energy for the doggies new home. – Lorian

4. fozziemum

July 22, 2014 at 04:57

I fail to understand how this happens..poor sweet faithful pup should not be wondering what is going on with his world….breaks my heart…senior animals deserve to be better treated…

July 22, 2014 at 07:41

There could be so many reasons that the family had to do this. It is a terrible thing for the doggie and I do hope someone can take the dog quickly.

• fozziemum

July 22, 2014 at 10:33

I agree any matter of things could happen..and at least the pup was taken to a shelter and not thrown at the mercy of the elements…I just find it so sad..i look at my older pups and they take a bit longer to get up and go out for a tinkle..they sleep more..react a bit slower..and I cannot imagine being without them..i hope this sweetheart finds a home quickly.

5. Dogs N Pawz

July 22, 2014 at 20:45

Poor guy. Breaks my heart that he was left at the shelter. I hope some nice person out there takes him in and loves him with all their heart. I can’t imagine leaving my senior dog at the shelter. Sharing.

July 22, 2014 at 20:46

Thanks for sharing.

6. M. K. Clinton

July 22, 2014 at 21:19

Humans!! I simply can’t believe that some heartless human would surrender this sweet guy at his age! I lost my Golden last summer at 12 years old and would have given anything to enjoy him for four more years. He also had skin problems, but I’d have NEVER EVER EVER given up on him. My heart is breaking for Pfeizer. I’ll share on my social media.

July 22, 2014 at 21:30

Thanks M.K. We don’t know why his family did this, but it is heartbreaking.

7. Mark S

July 22, 2014 at 21:32

This story is very sad. We just lost our 16 year old dog and I could never see bringing him to a shelter for the last few years of his life. Sharing and hopefully Pfeizer finds a home soon.

July 22, 2014 at 21:50

Thank you Mark. Hope all the shares turn up anew family.

8. Animalcouriers

July 25, 2014 at 11:10

Their dog licence should be taken away – oh, forgot, idiots don’t need a licence 😦

July 25, 2014 at 15:03

If humans needed to prove fitness to raise children or pets, many more would be on the street sadly.