Monday Mischief: Remembering Past Mischief

17 Nov

Originally posted on 31 January 2012 at 6:01: Give it to me! It’s Mine!!!

I think it is funny how dogs want to possess everything; especially if another animal has it.  Louise and Sofie only want a toy if the other is playing with it, and then…..  oh my goodness, the whining that comes out of Sofie is ridiculous.  I really am going to have to get a tape recorder and have you all listen because it is like the world has ended and she really is in pain.  “Mommy, Louise has this…. Louise is taking the ring…. look Mommy, it’s mine… mine….MINE!”  Now I can’t say that Lulu is much better because just when things calm down she goes and steals something from Sofie’s pile.  The other day I gave them both bones before I went to the store, so that they might behave for C while I was gone.  Well I came home to find that one bone was played with while the other was almost perfect.

They only want what the other has.  I never know if I should buy two of the same bones or toys, or just one. They both play with the same one until it is destroyed, eaten, or taken away by me, so why bother getting two. Currently, their favorite backyard toy (which actually I think has sneaked into the house, because I just put it in the toy bin (come to think of it)), is a destroyed soft frisbee that Mojo’s humans were going to throw out because he had eaten out the center.  Well, not only do they love it, but it also has become a favorite of Miss Kitty.  Kitty likes to roll on top of it and cover it with her fluffy body.  She thinks that Sofie can’t see her hiding it.  You can imaging the pandemonium that ensues when Sofie realizes that Kitty is trying to pull a fast one on her.

Another interesting dynamic is that Lulu likes me to pull the rings and gets really ticked off when Sofie hones in on the play. So I got a three ring pull, but they both want to tug on the same ring. Hummmm…. very interesting.

One of my greatest pleasures is watching my two goofballs play.  They are silly and funny and just make me stop for a minute in my busy day and remember what is important.  Now don’t go telling them the truth – all the toys really are mine!

——————————————————–

mondaybloghop

This is a blog hop. I hopped it from Snoopy’s DogBlog. Check them out for more mischief.

Posted by on November 17, 2014 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “Monday Mischief: Remembering Past Mischief

1. fozziemum

November 17, 2014 at 01:38

Hahaahah..mine have the exact same toys..maybe a different colour.but they seem to know theirs and don’t have any interest in the other ones toys..always fun to watch the dynamics 🙂 hugs Fozziemum xx

November 17, 2014 at 08:00

They keep me laughing

• fozziemum

November 17, 2014 at 08:11

Mine do too hahahaa 🙂

2. Deborah Boza Valledor

November 17, 2014 at 07:16

We love looking back at past mischief!!

November 17, 2014 at 07:57

Sofie was so little then.

• Deborah Boza Valledor

November 17, 2014 at 08:38

Your photos made us smile…a lot!

November 17, 2014 at 11:37

So glad you like them

3. Miley's Daily Scoop

November 17, 2014 at 09:20

Love it! So fun looking back on mischief!

November 17, 2014 at 11:37

And more mischief to come.

4. Emmadog

November 17, 2014 at 10:19

Mom says we are just like mini humans, what we don’t have at the moment is always what we want.

November 17, 2014 at 11:36

So true!

5. It's Dog or Nothing

November 17, 2014 at 11:22

Mine always want what the other one has too! Mauja takes whatever she wants and Atka just sits to the side and pouts.

November 17, 2014 at 11:36

I love the pout.

6. Talent Hounds

November 17, 2014 at 12:25

So true!!

November 17, 2014 at 22:13

Indeed

7. Groovy Goldendoodles

November 17, 2014 at 20:30

One is great but two is so much fun to watch. I loved looking at Harley and Leo wrestle and romp around. Miss those days.

November 17, 2014 at 22:13

Always nice to have a built in friend

8. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

November 17, 2014 at 22:36

Haha

That’s just like Cosmo and I (my buddy from next door!) When he comes to stay Mum laughs at us as we both take toys out of the toy box to make the other jealous and parade them around and grab whatever is discarded by each other! 🙂

I hope you’re having a fun day,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

November 18, 2014 at 19:35

Friends are the best!

Dogtor B, an ex-shelter dog, became a therapy dog in October 2016. He loves to talk about his endeavors, his "big" furry sister Ms. Zulu, and life in general.

A bit of entertainment, a dash of awareness and a whole bunch of vocal cats!

dogdaz