Monday Mischief: Knots

17 Oct

mm10-17-16-knots

Do you tie knots in your leashes? Tying knots in my leashes helps me when walking the dogs. With 2 dogs, I do a dance with both leashes most of the time. I use 6 foot leads, of a good weight, and I tie a few knots in them (usually at 3 and 5 feet marks). When I drop a lead, which sometimes I do on purpose to free my hands and pick up ‘you know what,’ and sometimes it just happens, I am able to immediately step on the leash, and because the knot is there, it is less likely to run under the arch of my foot. And there are the times that one dog is closer than the other (which happens often with 2 on the left), so I choke up to the 3 foot knot and don’t have any drag on the ground (I hate muddy leads). It makes me feel like I have a bit more control when I am walking, though I know, if I really need a leash to walk the dogs, I don’t really have any control at all. The dogs humor me though.

What mischief did you get into today?

——————————————————–

mondaybloghop

I can’r find who is managing the link for the Monday Mischief blog hop anymore. Do you know?

Posted by on October 17, 2016 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “Monday Mischief: Knots

October 17, 2016 at 04:02

we did that too… but my dad has a leather leash now :o) the idea to use the metal rings on that leash the same way like the knots ended painful for him :o)

October 17, 2016 at 07:08

Oh my. That does not sound like a happy ending. Never used leather. We have metal D-rings my the handle of these leads. Mom tried to clip 2 leads together that way, but that ended in a painful mess for her hands.

October 17, 2016 at 06:33

Mom doesn’t have knots in my leash. When she needs her hands free, she pushes the leash loop up past her elbow. If she had 2 dogs, she’d need a dog walker. She has no coordination!

October 17, 2016 at 07:10

We would pull Mom’s arms out of the sockets if she did that and we saw a squirrel. 2 Cupcakes – what a great idea.

3. fredrieka

October 17, 2016 at 07:44

I am good on a leash. That’s my job. Being a therapy dog I had to get used to being at momwithoutpaws side. But when Cissy was still here she was a stubborn one. There needed to be 2 knots.

October 17, 2016 at 09:34

Our Mom needs therapy.

• fredrieka

October 17, 2016 at 09:47

Are you driving her crazy 😈

October 17, 2016 at 11:09

She’s already crazy, but I helped.

4. Nachthawk

October 21, 2016 at 05:36

Well – we don’t use a leash that much, just when we are in town. All other times we don’t use one, hardly ever bring one on our walks 😀

October 21, 2016 at 06:55

We would love that. Leash laws make it necessary here.