Monday Mischief: 1st Days with Mr. Charles

19 Dec

12-19-16

Louise and Sofie are figuring out that the little guy is not going anywhere. He is not just visiting, he is staying forever. He tried to go to sleep with Louise (bottom right with flash). She is so sweet, I think she was confused but would have let him stay the night. He really likes her kennel,  maybe because it smells worn in.

Sofie and him had a little fight last night. It was really my fault because they were doing so well, I gave them all treats together. Big mistake. Sofie is not ready yet for that much closeness. (bottom 2d from left) I know better than to feed him outside the exercise pen, but I did not realize nylabones would have the same effect. Charles tried to come visit me and had to pass Sofie (who is always at my foot). Sofie is cranky when it comes to anyone (dog or cat) getting too close to her, sometime even Louise. Well, that was fur raising for a moment. Charles was beside himself and hid behind V the rest of the night.

Pecking order establishment. I worry about 50 and 60 lbs dogs against 13 lbs.

I had to block the rabbit holes under the fence. Never really worried about that with the big dogs. I liked the holes so the critters could pass through the yard. But now, Charles can escape, so I blocked them with long flower boxes until I can nail boards down in the spring (bottom 2d from right).

The girls are now teaching Charles how to stare Mommy down (top) when eating at the table. If 4 sad hungry eyes weren’t enough, now I have 6 looking at me, pleading their case.

Louise, Sofie, and Charles are going to be great friends (paws crossed). Even the cats are coming around.

What mischief did you get into today?

——————————————————–

Posted by on December 19, 2016 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “Monday Mischief: 1st Days with Mr. Charles

1. Nachthawk

December 19, 2016 at 02:54

Good luck with the new guy, your pack is growing 😀 just in time for Christmas 🎄🎅😀

December 19, 2016 at 07:48

Good thing we tether the tree to an eye hook.

December 19, 2016 at 05:14

Well, C. You can’t bust out of the yard, but you are already busting into your family’s hearts. Pecking orders can be tough to read at first, but soon, they become VERY clear. Good luck, tiny buddy. You’re in good hands (and paws).

December 19, 2016 at 07:49

Thanks, Cuppy. Mom has already bought me lots of clothes, just like you. I even have an ugly xmas sweater.

December 19, 2016 at 05:37

I hope the treat trick with all will work soon. And I agree, now the small holes and gaps need a closing, not that Mr. Charles tuerns into Alice :o)

December 19, 2016 at 07:49

Don’t want anyone down a rabbit hole, fur sure.

4. Margarita

December 19, 2016 at 10:15

Welcome to the newest furry family member! 😉 xoM

December 19, 2016 at 11:53

Thanks. Fur furever.

5. fredrieka

December 20, 2016 at 08:10

Pecking order is important. Everyone know their place mine is to be spoiled

December 20, 2016 at 08:52

Lots of spoiling for all 7 fur balls here. I have run out of hands though.