Caturday: The Hole

17 Jun

The kitchen curtain has big round circles and spaces that are more see-through than others. Was Noel actually looking at me or did I just catch her in a Noel moment? She is the kind of cat that sees ghosts. You will catch her staring at things that only cats can see. Sometimes I come into a room and find any one of the cats in mid-air jumping after ghost flies or soot spirits* or other unseeable things. (I think they see the susuwatari (aka “soot spirits” or “dust bunnies” from My Neighbor Totoro.)

Cats see the world differently than we do. Check out this article in Wired, it’s a cats-eye view, complete with really good pictures showing the difference between cat and human sight. I never knew that they can’t see far but that they see wide. I should have figured that they can see quick movements better than we can (which is maybe why they see ghost bugs flying by and I can’t).

Do you find your cats in mid-air chasing ghosts?

I cannot imagine a life without cats!

Just another CATDogDaz morning at the zoo ❤

Posted by on June 17, 2017 in Cats

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “Caturday: The Hole

June 17, 2017 at 01:25

such a curtain could be the solution for me… maybe Phenny likes it and accepts the spy holes before he makes his own…:o)

June 17, 2017 at 06:20

P eats curtains? Oh no!!

2. speedyrabbit

June 17, 2017 at 11:51

Cats are mysterious ,xx Speedy

June 17, 2017 at 12:22

Yes they are little bunny. And, they like it that way.

3. mommakatandherbearcat

June 17, 2017 at 15:08

Those curtains are purr-fect to facilitate feline snoopervision 😉 Thank you for linking up to the Showcase!

June 17, 2017 at 15:22

Yes, all 4 cats at the Zoo tend to be snoopervisors. MOL (meow out loud)

4. Mags Pooh and Chancy

June 17, 2017 at 15:46

Pooh stares at things I can’t see. This post is interesting.Thank you for commenting on Pooh and Chancy’s blog…I had lost track of you and it is good to find you again. Hugs and nose kisses for all from all of us.

June 17, 2017 at 16:36

When I saw you on another blog I said, “I know them.” Hope all is well. Thanks for visiting the Zoo.

5. The Island Cats

June 17, 2017 at 18:15

We love that pic! Yeah, we stare at things that aren’t there…or so the mom thinks. 🙂

June 17, 2017 at 21:35

See it’s not only us?!

6. Jan K

June 17, 2017 at 18:22

Our cat Sam is pretty quiet and doesn’t chase things much anymore. But the many cats we’ve had over the years have definitely convinced us that they see things that we cannot!

7. Seville at Nerissa's Life

June 18, 2017 at 12:30

PURRsonally, I think the holes in that curtain are there for the purpose of spyin’. A kitty is always in need of spyin’ spots, for sure. purrs

8. pibblelife

June 19, 2017 at 12:57

Very cool! I didn’t know that!

June 19, 2017 at 13:28

We are always learning

9. dawn

June 24, 2017 at 21:50

Other than knowing they saw better at night, I never really thought about how cats saw the world different from us. It was interesting to see the differences. Thanks for sharing!

June 24, 2017 at 21:57