Monday Mischief: DogDaz Storm Center

31 Jul

I don’t really need a weather app on my phone to tell me a thunderstorm is coming. Here at DogDaz Storm Center, we have 2 main thunder warning systems – Louise and Sofie.

In the middle of the night last Monday, some how, Louise managed to unlock her kennel, by herself, and come upstairs and start breathing on my while I slept. Then Sofie, who rarely comes on my bed, pushed me away from my pillows and hunkered down in my spot. It sounded like a freight train coming through the house and the flash and clap were immediate. Amazingly, 15 minutes later an EF2 tornado touched down on the other shore of the Chesapeake Bay on Kent Island (I’m the Western Shore and that is called the Eastern Shore). It started as a waterspout and took full tornado strength (125 mph winds) quickly. Thankfully, though there was a lot of property damage, only 1 person was slightly hurt.

Who needs all those meteorologists when you have 2 dogs that can tell you at least 2 hours before something major happens that something is going to happen? Do you really need to know more than that? Get to cover!!!!

Lucky for me, Charlies seems fine through the storms and the cats don’t show me much anxiety. These 2 big babies take enough attention for the whole Zoo.

Foot note: They are both huddled under my desk as I type this because yet another storm is passing through. This is summer on the Chesapeake Bay. Oh, my!

What kind of mischief did you get into today?

Posted by on July 31, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Monday Mischief: DogDaz Storm Center

July 31, 2017 at 01:41

I hope there is no hard damage and the storms will disappear soon…. they are evil monsters. I agree with you, the canine weather forecast is the one what works… wonder why they still have a pinocchio in tv ;o)))

July 31, 2017 at 07:05

We wonder too.

July 31, 2017 at 06:16

So happy you’re all safe. Scared, but safe! Those doggies should get a job at The Weather Channel! They’re amazing!

July 31, 2017 at 07:05

They would shake and shiver to much to be on tv.

3. sassybrat1904

August 1, 2017 at 02:00

Glad you all are safe.

August 1, 2017 at 06:48

Thanks. They were just freaked. No damage here except debris.