DogDaz Zoo: Happy 8th Birthday, Lulu

31 Oct

Louise, aka Lulu Belle, is 8 years young today. How did that happen? She was just a scared 5-month-old puppy with a bad start. Now she is a wonderful (still scared) big girl. When I was adopting Louise, I did not start out looking for a black dog or a short hair. I was a fan of light colored long hairs. Louie was a silver poodle, Nikki a buff cocker, and Squash was an everything with the thickest coat in the world. We went to an adoption event to see this tan long haired boy dog that I found online but ended up falling for this shy short haired black dog covered in mange. I didn’t know then that black dogs are usually the last to be adopted and the first to be put to sleep. There is actually a name for it – Black Dog Syndrome. What a sad mistake if I passed over adopting Louise. She is a joy and has taught me so much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! LULU

Louise would like everyone to adopt a less adoptable pet next time you have space for a new furball:

Posted by on October 31, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 responses to “DogDaz Zoo: Happy 8th Birthday, Lulu

1. bumpyroadtobubba

October 31, 2017 at 00:12

Happy birthday to your beautiful black Lulu. I wish I could adopt all the less-adoptable dogs!

October 31, 2017 at 09:06

We do too. But you do a lot just by caring.

October 31, 2017 at 03:02

happy birthday dear Lulu!!! how great to have your birthday today… that means your treat bags are eggstra big and filled with the most spooktacular treats! yay!

October 31, 2017 at 09:08

Mom is allergic so she gives toys or candy. We get toys.

3. weggieboy

October 31, 2017 at 04:26

Yes, Happy Birthday, Lulu, and thanks for the message! It is an important one. I adopted a five year old ginger kitty that turned out to be the best cat I’ve ever had! RIP Louie the ginger kitty.

Another thing people don’t always realize is baby animals are like baby humans: They have special needs that are very demanding.

Many kitties and puppies with “bad habits” are perfectly normal for their species, but are doing things their humans don’t realize they (the humans) have one way or another encouraged out of ignorance.

October 31, 2017 at 09:07

So true. We learn what we live.

4. The Island Cats

October 31, 2017 at 09:10

Black cats are treated the same way.

Happy Birthday to Lulu! We’re so happy she found the purrfect home.

October 31, 2017 at 10:01

That is so sad.

5. awisewomansjourney

October 31, 2017 at 11:35

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LULU!!!

October 31, 2017 at 17:29

October 31, 2017 at 16:56

Happy birthday, Lu! Best decision ever. Sometimes all wrong turns out to be all right. I was also all wrong when Mom found me. Enjoy your special day! xo

October 31, 2017 at 17:30

Absolutely right on both counts.

7. pibblelife

October 31, 2017 at 17:10

Happy Birthday Lulu!!! I must agree…black dogs are the best!! 😉 #blackdogsrule

October 31, 2017 at 17:30

Yes yes yes.

8. sassybrat1904

November 1, 2017 at 00:59

Happy Birthday LuLu! I have 2 black dogs. I have always had a black dog living with me though out my life. I have a black Pit Bull Midnight and a Black German Shepard Samantha. I also have a dark brown GS mix with a black stripe and saddle BabyGirl and I have a light brown Boxer mix Athena. I always have loved my Black Dogs. No syndrome here lol

November 1, 2017 at 07:44