Monday Mischief: A Hair Raising Bed Story

27 Nov

Dogs with long, fine hair tend to shed less than other breeds. Some breeds shed very little hair. Strictly “non-shedding breeds” do not exist. However, most breeds with single coats are considered “non-shedding” because their shedding is not very noticeable.” – The Science of Fur

The person who wrote that article never met Louise.

Every day when I make my bed, I throw a flannel sheet over it immediately or I will be sleeping in fur.

I carefully tuck the sheet over my pillows and make sure every inch is covered before I go to make breakfast.

But, Louise wants my pillows. No matter how tight under the covers I put them, she digs them out and makes a nest.

It’s no fair! I used to give her a special pillow but she wants all of them. But worse….

The hair, the hair is everywhere!!

Louise is single coated and short hair. Sheis supposed to be the least of my shedders.

With the addition of Charles’ long black hair, I just can’t win.

Thankfully, Sofie doesn’t shed much (even though she has the longest finest hair). Or maybe I just don’t see it because she is blond.

Any ideas how to keep a bed fur free? I know, ban the dogs from sleeping on it!  Hahahahaha – good luck with that at DogDaz Zoo.

What kind of mischief did you get into today?

Posted by on November 27, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “Monday Mischief: A Hair Raising Bed Story

1. speedyrabbit

November 27, 2017 at 00:58

hahaha the worst fur shedder is Speedy….it gets everywhere,it floats in the air and covers everything with a fine dusting of white fluff,you even end up breathing the stuff and it goes up your nose and in your eyes….he is worse than any dog ,cat or even previous bunnies I have had so I wish you luck with your battle cause we don’t win that one here…hahaha,xx Rachel

November 27, 2017 at 01:17

Oh, my. Fine little bunny fluff. That must drive you crazy. What we do for love.

• speedyrabbit

November 27, 2017 at 01:18

hahaha that we do and yes it does,xx

November 27, 2017 at 01:18

I hear ya… Phenny sleeps on my pillow too and his short bristles are like needles…I feel like a fakir… and our bed could be the stage for the musical hair…Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
    Flow it, show it
    Long as God can grow it
    My hair… ;O)

3. franhunne4u

November 27, 2017 at 01:43

My cat was not allowed on my pillows, too – she did not care the least. The only way to keep her away from the pillows would be to close the pillows away in a cupboard. Or a chest.

November 27, 2017 at 06:52

Good plan.

4. tippysmom2

November 27, 2017 at 12:22

I, too, put a cover over my bed when I make it up in the morning so Tippy’s fur doesn’t get onto my handmade quilts. She doesn’t dig out my pillows, thankfully. She sheds – a LOT! As soon as I clean, there is fur everywhere. Still, I try and it has made me clean more often. Guess that’s a good thing.

November 27, 2017 at 13:18

Hair hair everywhere.

November 27, 2017 at 17:55

Who would dare spoil that peaceful picture of serenity? No! Mom doesn’t allow me on the bed after she makes it in the morning. But as soon as the bedspread is off, look out! That’s when it’s time for Mom and me to cuddle up for the night. Each morning, after her shower, she chases me out, shakes off my furs from the sheets, fixes the bed, and shuts the bedroom door.

November 27, 2017 at 19:52

Shuts the door!!! What a concept!

6. seedbud

November 28, 2017 at 08:01

What’s a little fur amongst friends? They look so content and peaceful all snuggled up on the bed in their nests of comfort and love. Who could deprive them of that luxury? Lucky dogs!

November 28, 2017 at 08:46

Life with multiple shedders is a challenge, but I absolutely agree. I would rather invest in lint rollers than deny them of a soft place to sleep. Such is the life of a rescuer.

7. sassybrat1904

November 29, 2017 at 19:08

I vacuum a lot! I get fur and feathers. The same time My Black German Shepard is shedding is the same time my bird is molting. My little Pit mix loses her fur in fall -winter due to allergies , at the same time the bird is letting lose those little downy feathers all over. I don’t notice the Boxer mix much until I look at my passenger seat in my car. My German Shepard ,Chocolate Lab mix hair just cover my hands and sleeves when I pet her so I vacuum and I Sleek EZ the dogs and you just would not believe the pile of fur. Could cover 2 more dogs lol.

November 29, 2017 at 21:02

I thought about making pillows.