Acronyms are funny things, they could mean so many different things. Misaki (The Misadventures of Misaki) left me a comment the other day and wrote, “BOL.” I am thinking, “BOL, what the heck is that?” So, I type it into trusty Google and it comes back with:
BOL may refer to:
- Bill of Lading, a document acknowledging specified goods as cargo.
- BOL – to express a short burst of laughter
- Bol (film), a Pakistani film directed by Shoaib Mansoor
- bol (music), a feature of Indian rhythm
- Bol, Croatia, a town on the Croatian island Brač
- Manute Bol, Sudanese-born basketball player and activist
- Bol, Chad, a city in Chad
- Boľ, a village in eastern Slovakia.
- Bol Airport, an airport on the Croatian island of Brač.
- BOL, an Internet Slang term for Bahaha Out Loud, a substitute to LOL
- BOL, an Internet Slang term among dog owners/lovers for Bark (or Barking) Out Loud, a variant of LOL
- Bol, a derogatory term for people of Bolivian descent.
- BOL or BOLO in law enforcement parlance is the abbreviation for Be On the Lookout (see All-points bulletin)
- Bread of Life Ministries International, is an non-denominational Christian megachurch in the Philippines
- Buzz Out Loud, a “CNET’s podcast of indeterminate length”.
- 2-Bromo-LSD, a pharmacological agent.
- BUPERS Online, a single point of entry application for logging into numerous web-based applications maintained by the Naval Personnel Command in Millington, TN.
Well, I figured ‘Burst Of Laughter” was what the person meant. Ok, I like that. But, that was not what it was at all. It was “Bark Out Loud!” I love that even more. How cute is that? Dogs having their own internet slang. What does Google or Wikipedia know about anything when you really think about it? If I let them I am sure that Sofie and Lulu would text all day long (or eat the phone).
ROFLWMDHAGT = Rolling On The Floor With My Dogs Having A Great Time. (I just made that up). BOL.