6.27.13 Thankful Thursday: Beans & Cones

27 Jun

Today is Thankful Thursday and, as usual, we have much to be thankful for.

beans-pat-3We are thankful for being Pat Bean’s Blog of the Day  That was a sweet surprise because being laid off is making me kind of blue.

She said: “dogdaz  http://tinyurl.com/mvjmut7 If this blogger can find something to be thankful for, than I’m sure the rest of us can. I do so believe it’s a zillion times better to have a half-full glass than a half-empty one. And evidently so does this person.”

So many people have been asking me how I can be smiling and laughing through this whole process.  I know it must seem weird, but I have been working since I am 14 and I know that I will find work.  I guess Pat Bean is right, I am a glass 1/2 full kinda person.  I don’t know how to live any other way.  My last work day is July 12, so  the shock, though real, has not totally hit me yet, I think.  Thanks Pat for making my day.

IMG_20130624_191145_551I am also thankful for head cones, though Sofie isn’t. Every time I take the cone off, she starts eating the bandage. Silly me, I thought today I would give her a brake and take the cone off while we take a short walk.  I figured she would be busy walking, so she could not chew on it.  She sits down in the middle of the street in front of the house, and starts chewing the minute we get going.  You should have seen the disgust on Louise’s face.  She just wanted to walk!

Back inside with you, Sofie – cone on – end of walk for you.  You should have heard her howl when Louise and I left to finish the walk.  It was pitiful  Thank you cone people or she would have chewed her foot off at this point.

———————————————————————

What are you thankful for today?

This is part of the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop from PepiSmartDog.com

Thankful-Thursday-Logo-2-150x150

Posted by on June 27, 2013 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

31 responses to “6.27.13 Thankful Thursday: Beans & Cones

June 27, 2013 at 06:23

Yes! Head cones are a blessing. My old dog, Smoki removed 7 of her stitches when I gave her a “break” from the cone! Best. Invention. Ever. Congratulations on being featured. The shout out is well-deserved.

June 27, 2013 at 07:57

Thanks. Smoki was quick.

2. Emmadog

June 27, 2013 at 07:21

Keep up with the positive thinking! Maybe you can teach her the no lick command. I had to have a cone and it broke mom’s heart, so she spent time with me teaching me “no lick” and soon I was able to be without the cone as long as she was home, I still follow that command even if it is just a small think I am licking on. I know it won’ work for all dogs but it’s worth a try!

June 27, 2013 at 07:56

Your Mom is very smart. Sounds like you are a very good listener too

3. speedyrabbit

June 27, 2013 at 07:55

the cone is impossible with a bunny you just have to hope for the best,xx Speedy’s mum

June 27, 2013 at 08:15

I guess you have to have a neck for a cone. LOL

4. Vicki Flaherty

June 27, 2013 at 08:47

Loving your glass half full – sometimes even overflowing – perspective on the world. Of course, what’s next will show up for you just when it’s supposed to, my friend. (Poor pitiful, Louise – at least you gave her an opportunity!)

June 27, 2013 at 11:58

The cone head is Sofie but Lulu is sad too. Thanks. We are doing the best we can right now.

5. catfromhell

June 27, 2013 at 11:25

Yes, being laid off is tough. I does makes us blue and Mommy is a half full kind od person, so she is being self employed right now. Her new boss (her) is a real slave driver and she has been so furry behind in commenting on my furrends blogs.
    Poor Louise. Me feels for her
    Kisses
    Nellie

June 27, 2013 at 11:57

So true. Self employment here we come.

6. Clowie

June 27, 2013 at 12:16

I hope she’s better soon.

June 27, 2013 at 13:29

Thanks Clowie – she does too!

June 27, 2013 at 12:19

I think when you have to wear this cone , then you can do it with proud. It’s an award for courage too :o)

June 27, 2013 at 13:29

Proud to be a conehead !

8. Jodi

June 27, 2013 at 15:12

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh but the fact she immediately sat down and started chewing did give me cause to chuckle.

It’s good that you are a glass half full person, although I think sometimes we get so deep into our own stuff that we can’t see the good stuff. I always say, things work out the way they are supposed to.

June 27, 2013 at 15:14

That is true. Hard to see it when you are in it though. I look forward to looking back.

PS – I laughed at Sofie too!

9. readingwithrhythm

June 27, 2013 at 15:56

Congratulations on you blog of the day! you are an inspiration. I feel for Sofie! Those cones are hateful!

June 27, 2013 at 17:05

Thanks – Every little bit helps right now. I feel a little like I am in a cone too.

10. Miss Harper Lee

June 27, 2013 at 18:23

My mommy is thankful that she has your blog to make her smile. 🙂 And I am thankful that, unlike Sofie and Talbot (the Golden Retriever who preceded me and had terrible allergies and always wanted to chew herself so the had to wear a lampshade for most of her life), I am not wearing a lampshade . . . yet. 😉

• Miss Harper Lee

June 27, 2013 at 18:24

P.S. Keep your chin up. You have sooooo much to offer and the right people will realize that!

June 27, 2013 at 22:06

I am very glad you are not wearing a lampshade. I took off Sofie’s and we are trying the no lick command.

June 27, 2013 at 19:36

Oh dear I am sorry to hear about your job and poor Sofie. I love your attitude, I try to look at things that way too, it is hard at times. You are an inspiration!

I use a grinder for my dogs, it is very hard to damage anything and if you do accidentally grind to far it kind of cauterizes itself. I do use clippers too but prefer the grinder, it does a nice neat job.

June 27, 2013 at 22:05

I figured they would shy away from the grinder. Maybe I need to try it. Thanks for the words of encouragement

• Misty Shores Chesapeakes

June 28, 2013 at 19:33

They may at first, just take it slow and let them get used to the noise first before trying it on the nails, use a whole lot of positive reinforcement and goodies 😉 I think there are some nice tutorials on YouTube.

12. Misaki

June 28, 2013 at 06:28

Oh poor Sofie, hope she doesn’t have to wear it for too much longer xx

June 28, 2013 at 07:01

As soon s it is off, lick lick lick

13. Tya Khan

June 29, 2013 at 03:29

head cones are such help, i cudnt find one here when pepsi got hurt on her toe the last time, n i had such a hard time keeping her away from licking her toe 😦

June 29, 2013 at 07:07

I can send you one by mail if you want to keep on on hand

• Tya Khan

June 29, 2013 at 07:53

oh ats soo sweet but its ok, my best friend is coming down from bangkok in Oct, will ask her to bring me one 🙂

14. Pingback: My Homepage