Follow Up Friday: Smiles and Tears

06 Sep

Today is Follow-up Friday hosted by Jodi from Heart Like A Dog.  This is where we review the week behind so that we can launch into the week ahead (or something like that)

. ———————————————————————————-

This has been a hard week in the physical world. Though Louise is tolerating the antibiotic, it is just not doing enough to stop the sores.  Now we must move to the next step which is a drug called a Cyclosporin.  It may or may not work, and Dr. Kate says it could take a few months to know, and it is really really expensive.  Though unemployed how can I not treat her disease? This is so painful on so many levels.

Waiting for Dr. Kate

Waiting for Dr. Kate

Sofie’s asthma is acting up this week, I guess because of fall. She is wheezing like crazy.  Benadryl 3X a day. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK – I am done ranting now.  Thanks for letting me vent.

——————————————————-

Let’s ignore reality and look at the blog world, which is much more fun:

Caturday, I finally was able to show you some of the millions of cat pictures that Peanut has been sending me from school in Israel.  She is in love with every one of them.  I told her that we have 3 kitties already and live an eleven hour flight away, so don’t get attached (mean Mommy that I am.)

Black and White Sunday was a happy moment with the doggies, with my smiling Sofie.  Even Lulu is smiling in the background.  I love when my animals smile, I am not sure why but it just makes me feel like I am doing something right.

Monday was the Labor Day holiday and we focused on our animal heros.

We highlighted the cutest 9 year old doggie named Champ on Tuesday’s Tails.  I do hope some one takes him soon.

Miss Smiley Sofie was back on Wordless Wednesday, hiding in the bushes.  How can you not smile when you see that face.

And, Thankful Thursday gave us pause to thank the universe for the wonders of fall.

I know that everyday is a gift, and no matter what the wind blows in, if we handle it together, we will be ok.

wpid-IMG954980.jpg

That’s it for the week. Thanks for playing along with us.  Check out the hop below and you can go play with others. Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo ❤

————————————————————————————————- Follow Up Friday is part of the blog hop hosted by Heart Like A Dog.

Posted by on September 6, 2013 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Follow Up Friday: Smiles and Tears

September 6, 2013 at 15:11

Your girls have a LOT to smile about! Good luck with the new medicine.

September 6, 2013 at 17:16

Thanks Cupcake. We are waiting for it to arrive. Mom found it for $200 less on 1-800-PetMeds.

2. Emmadog

September 6, 2013 at 19:24

Mom always says “when it rains it pours”. It appears to be pouring at your house, but that only means the sun will shine again soon!

September 6, 2013 at 21:53

Mom is right

3. speedyrabbit

September 7, 2013 at 03:31

hope the meds work,pets cost us a fortune don’t they but what else can we do.just had to get antibiotics for Speedy,xx Rachel

September 7, 2013 at 09:46

They are very worth everything. Hope Speedy does better too.

4. Mags Corner

September 7, 2013 at 07:20

Keeping prayers going for Louise, Sophie and you! We hope the new medicine works for Louise and what ever is causing Sophie to have allergic reactions goes away very soon. Hugs and nose kisses

September 7, 2013 at 08:00

Thanks. Sofie response well to the Benadryl, thank goodness.

5. Jodi

September 7, 2013 at 08:18

What a great follow-up. Thanks for joining the hop.
    I really hope something helps Louise, it is no fun when they aren’t feeling well and our methods of helping are not working. I hope something helps Sophie too.

BTW have I ever told you that I love your description of the blog hop? Well I do!

Have a great weekend.

September 7, 2013 at 09:17

Thanks for the good wishes and compliment. We love hopping.

6. Jessica

September 7, 2013 at 09:55

I’m praying that things will turn around for the better for your girls! You always have a positive outlook on life, and positivity always seems to bring with it great rewards! 🙂

September 7, 2013 at 10:00

Thanks Jessica. I believe in ‘fake it until you make it,’ but in the real world, my family might not agree that I ‘always’ have a positive outlook. HAHAHAHAHAH. Just yesterday, V told me I was being a….. well best repeat it.