Follow Up Friday: Protect, Honor and Remember

13 Sep

Today is Follow-up Friday hosted by Jodi from Heart Like A Dog.  This is where we review the week behind so that we can launch into the week ahead (or something like that).

blackcatIt is Friday 13th.  Please make sure to keep all black cats inside today.  People are cruel, especially when Friday falls on the 13th of the month and Halloween.

Louise started the new medicine this week.  She did not tolerate it very well at first, but we seem to be getting the hang of it.  I will keep you updated on her progress through the weeks.

Last week, Caturday started with a funny Russian sitting cat.  Doesn’t his back hurt after a while?

Black and White Sunday was a view into the dog’s vigil by the pool fence, waiting for either a squirrel or fox. They do take turns but Sofie seems to sleep on the job a lot.

Sofie Sleeping

The dogs went swimming in Mojo’s new pool on Monday Mischief.  Sofie absolutely loved being in the pool once she got over the initial fear.  Louise won’t even try it.  Mojo is in it every moment.  He also got a new sister this week.  Her name is Zelda and she is 7 weeks old from the same Labrador breeder that Mojo (who is 5) came from.  Louise and Sofie have not met her yet, but I bet she will be a swimmer, just like her big brother.

IMG_20130904_072355

Tuesday’s tails had a ton of FREE cats.  What an incredible gift that someone gave to the shelter to pre-pay for so many cats to help get them homes.  I do hope that people saw this as an opportunity to adopt.

Wordless Wednesday fell on the anniversary of the 9/11 Tragedy.  It is so sad to think of the meaningless killing that went on that day.  So many lives were lost.  It is just so heart breaking.  I was up in NY visiting my sister a few weeks after the attacks, and we went into Manhattan (it was her 50th birthday).  I cried when I saw the armed guards at the entrances to every tunnel and bridge.  I’ve seen that kind of police presence outside the US, but never here before that.  My friend Susan survived the attack at the Pentagon.  She was one of the luck ones a few rings in.  This pointless killing really needs to stop, don’t you think?

military dogs

Thankful Thursday gave me the opportunity to thank all the people and animals that live their lives in service to keep me free.

May you know safety, and love, and freedom, now and forever. Thanks for reading.

That’s it for the week. Thanks for playing along with us.  Check out the hop below and you can go play with others.

————————————————————————————————-

Follow Up Friday is part of the blog hop hosted by Heart Like A Dog.

Posted by on September 13, 2013 in Cats, Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 responses to “Follow Up Friday: Protect, Honor and Remember

1. Bassa's Blog

September 13, 2013 at 01:34

I know that some people are superstitious about black cats but never realized that they might cause harm to them 😦 I do hope that Louise settles down with the medication.

September 13, 2013 at 08:52

Thanks Bassa and Tall Person. Isn’t it sad that people continue to harbor archaic notions of evil – like black is bad. If that was true I would have to get rid of 98% of my clothes. Thanks for the wishes for Lulu. Time is the healer.

2. angelswhisper2011

September 13, 2013 at 04:02

The best we can do is to keep the black cats inside, so they can’t get harmed by people who still live in the Middle Age. I have to catch up on all the post above, will do now. Happy Pawkisses for the weekend 🙂

September 13, 2013 at 08:50

Thanks for always stopping by. I am in a constant state of catch up these days. Have a nice weekend

September 13, 2013 at 06:32

Zelda is ridiculously cute! Can she swim already???

September 13, 2013 at 08:49

They are holding her in the pool, but she can hardly walk yet, so I think swimming will be in a few weeks.

4. Emmadog

September 13, 2013 at 08:15

Nice wrap up! It is a shame with Friday the 13th that in this day and age it is still such a bad day for things like black cats!

September 13, 2013 at 08:49

I did not realize how many people dislike black animals. I have been told they are scared of them. Scared of my Louise? That makes no sense. But people are mean and when they see something. like a black cat in the street, it seems to bring out the worst in them. 😦

5. Jodi

September 13, 2013 at 10:28

What an awesome post, thanks for joining the blog hop. I find it so sad that we have to keep our black cats and dogs inside to keep them safe. Why are people so prejudiced?

Love this, “May you know safety, and love, and freedom, now and forever.”

Have a great weekend.

September 13, 2013 at 10:35

Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for hopping.

6. speedyrabbit

September 13, 2013 at 12:44

Hope louise feels better soon,xx Rachel

September 13, 2013 at 13:09

Thank you Rachel. Yesterday was a bad day, but today seems a little better.

7. Donna

September 13, 2013 at 13:54

My cats are indoor only, and not black either, but good reminder for those out there who have ’em.

I was in the city a few weeks after as well. Our friend’s father managed a restaurant and he was trying to drum up business because no one was coming out anymore, and they asked us to join them. We went, but I must admit, it was with reluctance. Not only was it a very sad time to be in the city, I was also on edge the entire time, worried that something else might happen.

September 13, 2013 at 14:27

As Americans, our innocence was stolen on 9/11, as it was with Oklahoma City. 😦

8. weliveinaflat

September 13, 2013 at 23:31

hadn’t occur to me that people would be cruel to black cats on the 13th… sad.

September 14, 2013 at 06:32

Some people don’t need much reason to justify their meanness. Totally crazy.