DogDaz Zoo: The Gifts – aka – The Demise of Woodstock

29 Dec

Gifts 2015

Rachel, our wonderful dog walker (Simplifido.com), who takes us out when Mom is working and feeds the cats if she goes away, gave us this great basket of cat and dog toys for the holidays.  Santa (we know it was you Mom, we are not puppies and kittens any more) added a bunch of cat and dog toys to it.  We were very excited Christmas morning to have a punch of things to play with.

gift basket

Of course Sofie, the pushy whiney one, stuck her nose in first to pick out what she wanted.  Some times I don’t know why I put up with it, but I do love her, even if she is a pesty little sister.

The gifts

Sofie selected a Snoopy stuffy.  Sometimes she reminds me of him with her independent nature.

I decided on this yummy looking eggplant.  I thought it had a squeaker, because I love noisy things, but it has something heavy and hard inside.  Still I like it a lot.

gift louise

This eggplant is definitely mine and no dog or cat is going to take it from me.

gift eggplant

So Mom decided maybe Sofie should have the Woodstock to go with her Snoopy.

gift woodstock

“But Mom!!!” I yelled, “I want Woodstock!  Sofie gets all the good stuff!”

So you know what I did?  Right in front of the whole family.  I took Woodstock from Sofie.

Sofie can never win when I want something. gift fight

So now we both have part of Woodstock.

gift stockings

I guess my stocking may be empty next year.  But actually it is still 2015, so maybe Santa Mom isn’t counting the naughties yet. – Love and Licks – Louise

Posted by on December 29, 2015 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “DogDaz Zoo: The Gifts – aka – The Demise of Woodstock

December 29, 2015 at 06:06

You were so patient when your sister was choosing first, L. What a good girl. Too bad Woodstock had to suffer. But that’s one way to “share” I guess. Anyway the eggplant was a good pick! I got a Woodstock for Christmas. It doesn’t squeak, but when I bite it it plays Snoopy Christmas music. You would love the noise of it!

December 29, 2015 at 06:37

Wow. Music! That is very cool. Thanks for appreciating my patience.

December 29, 2015 at 08:43

well picked the eggplant toy fits wonderful with your fur! you are a pawsome fashionista :o)

December 29, 2015 at 09:38

Thanks so much Handsome. Black does go with everything.

3. Will (MarkingOurTerritory.com)

December 29, 2015 at 10:37

Jackpot! The pups showed way more restraint in picking toys than mine would have.

December 29, 2015 at 12:39

Haha. Every dog has its high value interests.

4. Groovy Goldendoodles

December 29, 2015 at 17:18

Here’s one way to look at it – Woodstock does have the ability to fly, so all is not loss with only one claw. Very cute post! Tail wags to you for a safe and Happy New Year

December 29, 2015 at 19:41

Very positive spin on a potentially bad situation. Happy new year!