Wordless Wednesday: Kissing Summer Good Bye

21 Sep

WW 9.21.16 End summer

Tomorrow (September 22) at 10:21 am EDT it will officially be Autumn for us (the Autumnal Equinox). How can that have happened already? Wasn’t it just spring? There is nothing more incredible than the changing of the seasons. Mom loves autumn best of all. She loves the crisper days, and the fall tones of orange, yellow, brown and red. As the plants end their growth cycles and creatures go south or under ground, it makes us aware of the renewal that will come on the other side of winter. Sofie and I are both born in fall. Maybe that is why Mom loves this season so much? I was born on Halloween and Sofie on Thanksgiving (or at least that is what Mom tells us). As we kiss summer good bye, we say thank you to the earth for the wonderful colors, warm waters, butterflies and birds. Bye Bye, Summer. – Love, Louise

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

wordless-wednesday-badge1

This is a Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop. Thanks to BlogPaws for the hop. Head over there and see what they are blogging about.

Posted by on September 21, 2016 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Kissing Summer Good Bye

September 21, 2016 at 03:30

fall is great and I love that you are fall pups, it’s the best season ever. we wait for christmas and we have still the warmth of the sun inside, so we can enjoy even colder days… vice versa in january and march our batteries are empty and we urgently need summer :o)

September 21, 2016 at 08:08

Yes the cold of January and February can be terrible. Those are our worst months too.

September 21, 2016 at 04:55

You make it sound so nice. To me, fall is the end of my glorious street naps.

September 21, 2016 at 08:08

What about Leaf pile naps?

3. fredrieka

September 21, 2016 at 08:00

I don’t want summer to end. I love hanging out on my porch

September 21, 2016 at 08:09

We know. Everything gets cold and hard. But summer will return. If it is up to global warming, soon it may never leave

4. zannyro

September 21, 2016 at 08:24

I am ready for fall…it has been so hot this summer, too hot to go out and actually enjoy summer.

September 21, 2016 at 08:35

I can not believe that we still have to have the Air Conditioning on at end of September because of how hot it is. This is not fair. Give us cooler temps in the fall.

• zannyro

September 21, 2016 at 08:50

I agree…NOT FAIR!!

5. Margarita

September 21, 2016 at 09:13

In New York City, it seems we barely brushed by Spring and then stalled in a hot, soggy mess for months! We are more than ready to welcome the cool kiss of autumn breezes! 😉 xoM

September 21, 2016 at 10:03

Absolutely need the breeze off the Hudson and down from the Catskills. Hope you could at least get out of the city to the beaches. Are dogs allowed on any beaches anymore?

• Margarita

September 21, 2016 at 20:15

I think there are some beaches they’re allowed in. My sweet husband is mobility challenged so we tend to stay closer to home. Fortunately, the Hudson is just down the street! 😉

6. Golden Daily Scoop

September 21, 2016 at 10:47

We are so sad to see summer go but looking forward to Fall! Happy WW!

September 21, 2016 at 12:07

You are Golden and the purrfect color for the fall season.

7. Peyton

September 21, 2016 at 14:41

Looking forward to the fall. Hopefully, it gets here soon.

September 21, 2016 at 16:11

This endless summer is crazy. We’re with you.

8. Rebekah

September 21, 2016 at 20:37

Kisses!!!

I am ready for fall…

September 22, 2016 at 08:10

So ready!

9. Groovy Goldendoodles

September 21, 2016 at 22:06

I love all the different seasons – I think they offer their own unique beauty in distinct ways.

September 22, 2016 at 08:11

We are very lucky to live in a place with 4 seasons. Thought spring and fall are getting shorter and shorter.

10. paws2smile

September 22, 2016 at 00:07

Hehe! Cute pics! 🙂 I am sooooo ready for fall! I can’t wait for when I have a hot flash and can open a window to feel sub-below temps! Lol!

September 22, 2016 at 08:12

Mom used to have those hot flashes (for like 10 years) and she has fans in every room and 2 in her office.

11. paws2smile

September 22, 2016 at 00:08

Well, I should say, I’m more ready for winter! Lol!

September 22, 2016 at 08:12

If it wasn’t so hard on our paws, we would like it better.

12. Samantha

September 22, 2016 at 16:19

What a great post! I’m sure the pups will enjoy the fall. The rug of colorful leaves will feel great on their paws! Hehe awesome pictures 🙂
    Samantha

September 22, 2016 at 18:24

Thank you Samantha. Louise especially likes to jump in the leave piles.