Black and White Sunday: Old Hearts

12 Feb

2-14-17Louise wearing Squash E Bear’s Valentine collar.

I know it is big on her, but memories are more important than size sometimes. I wonder if she even remembers him, because she was only 1 when he passed over the rainbow bridge to the big meadow in the sky. She digs down deep in the toy box sometimes and brings up some of his old toys that they used to share. Do you think animals remember the ones that are no longer with us? I like to think they do.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

nolasugar_bwbadge_pm

This is part of the Black and White Sunday Blog Hop. Thanks to Dachshund Nola and Sugar for hosting.

Posted by on February 12, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “Black and White Sunday: Old Hearts

1. fredrieka

February 12, 2017 at 05:49

I did and still turn to look when Momwithoutpaws brings up Cissys name. I look out the window to see if she is there

February 12, 2017 at 15:47

That is sweet.

2. Anarette

February 12, 2017 at 06:35

I think our furry friends do miss their furry friends too.

February 12, 2017 at 13:26

I have no doubt that Lu remembers Squash E. Plus I’m pretty sure he lives in her belly. Mom’s old dog lives in my belly and I never even met her. She picked me out for Mom, and she helps me be a good girl. Plus Mom gives me belly-kisses for her.

February 12, 2017 at 15:47

What a wonderful image. Thanks for that

4. The Island Cats

February 12, 2017 at 17:40

What a great pic! We think they do remember those that came before…though memories do fade.

February 12, 2017 at 18:07

Sometimes I think I see cats gone by in the hall. Go figure?