Monday Mischief: The Toy Hoarder

07 Aug

I discovered this place where I can get nice dog and cat toys at a good discount. I actually went in to get some new drinking glasses, because too many have broken and I needed new ones (but I digress).

Knowing my charges as I do, Louise got a stuffing-less Squeaky Skunk, Sofie got a flat bat looking thing that crinkles, and Mr. Charles got a rope and ball. They were so excited and each played with their respective gifts for about 10 minutes. Then, we went outside for a while.

When we returned to the living room, Charles started doing what he does best – toy hoarding. First, he stole Sofie’s crinkle thing – she was distracted so she didn’t put up a fuss. Then he moved onto Louise’s skunk (which appears to be his new favorite). Louise was a bit unhappy, so she went over to her pillow and moped until I rescued skunk and gave it back to her.

The other dogs’ toys are always more fun. Charles ends up sitting on a pile of everyone’s toys so only he has them.

What kind of mischief did you get into today?

Posted by on August 7, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Monday Mischief: The Toy Hoarder

August 7, 2017 at 01:13

maybe it is his name? like charles the great who hoarded a lot of countries?

August 7, 2017 at 07:20

You are so smart. That must be it.

2. The Island Cats

August 7, 2017 at 17:13

We always want what the other guy has. 😉

3. tippysmom2

August 7, 2017 at 19:22

Looks like they all love their new toys – when Charles lets them play with them. Too funny!

August 7, 2017 at 22:52

Right. Sometimes Mom has to redistribute

August 7, 2017 at 20:21

Toy stealing is bad form, C. Although I do empathize with the wish to sit on them and hatch them like eggs. #sharingiscaring

August 7, 2017 at 22:53

Sharing is caring as long as they share everything with me!!!

5. pibblelife

August 8, 2017 at 11:54

BOL!!! I can totally relate!!! Other dogs’ toys are better…Cat toys too! Everytime I go to my bff’s Wilhelmina’s house, I always want her toys so then my humom goes to buy my own but I never play with them. Silly humans…they never learn…

August 8, 2017 at 17:08

You got that right! Humans are silly.

6. sassybrat1904

August 9, 2017 at 18:51

In my house the bird steals the cat toys. She won’t let the cat have them but will throw them at me. Midnight my Tuxedo Pocket Pit Bull has recently started stashing toys in her crate. I went to change out her bed and wipe down and discovered she has been stashing toys , bones, and my socks. She even weaved them in hiding in her blanket. This is a new thing for her.

August 9, 2017 at 22:42

I love that the bird is boss.