Black and White Sunday: Eyes Wide Open

06 May

It seems like THUNDER SEASON rolled in early this year. It was 4 o’clock in the morning and Sofie and Louise were beside themselves. Nothing ever helps calm them when the clouds are crashing and flashing, but when it is the middle of the night, it seems worse.  It used to be that just Sofie would freak but, my luck, about a year ago, Louise caught the shakes and now she too gets scared. Thunder vests, calming treats, CBD cookies, and even Xanax do nothing for Sofie. And, when a storm comes on quick, all that is worthless anyway. (I love how the vet says to give them stuff 30 minutes before the storm starts. Yea, right. I can do that.) I’ve pretty much tried everything I could find. Best I can do is love them through it. Thankfully, it doesn’t seem to bother the little guy or the cats. It is going to be a looooonnnnnggggg loud summer, I fear.

Posted by on May 6, 2018 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 responses to “Black and White Sunday: Eyes Wide Open

May 6, 2018 at 19:46

Poor girls. I recognize that face. #terrified

May 6, 2018 at 23:36

Absolutely!!

2. tippysmom2

May 6, 2018 at 19:54

Awww. Bless their hearts. I’m lucky that Tippy isn’t afraid at all. Every once in a while, if there is a close lightening strike, it will startle her. Heck, it startles me. But, a normal storm she is fine.

May 6, 2018 at 23:36

It gets worse every year 😢

3. sassybrat1904

May 7, 2018 at 23:58

My BabyGirl goes though the same thing. The only thing that kinda works for her is a safe spot that she picked. I put a creat in that spot and cover it to make like a cave for her. So when it storms she goes to her safe spot.

May 8, 2018 at 06:49

Wish that worked here. Lulu does have her crate but no longer calms her. Glad BabyGirl feels safe.

Dogtor B, an ex-shelter dog, became a therapy dog in October 2016. He loves to talk about his endeavors, his "big" furry sister Ms. Zulu, and life in general.

A bit of entertainment, a dash of awareness and a whole bunch of vocal cats!

dogdaz