For Charles’ birthday (well, maybe more so to help Mom’s heart heal from the loss of so many furbabies over the last few months), a sweet matted soul named Jolie has come to live at the zoo. The minute she got here on Saturday (in the pouring rain, of course), she took over everyone’s heart (and Mini’s couch pillow). Noel is still a little suspect of the new ‘MOP’ in the house but otherwise, she just fit right in as if she had always been here.
I will tell you her story another day, but for now here are the main things we know:
- They said she was a Yorkie mix but she definitely looks like Shih Tzu to me.
- She is 6 years old according to the birth year they gave us, but they said 5, so we are not sure.
- Her birthday is the same day as Nine’s was (Feb 14). Isn’t that a wild coincidence?
- She is way over-weight (over 22 lbs and she should be more like 17 or less).
- She is in desperate need of grooming (Sonya will cut it all off on Thursday).
- They said she was housetrained but she does not have bathroom training as far as we can tell (it is like having a puppy all over again).
- She has the sweetest personality and loves everyone and everything so far.
What a blessing!
Just another DogDaz morning at the zoo ❤