Tag Archives: shih tzu
The neighborhood is starting to look a bit spooky. This is my first October with the Zoo so I am new to all this and not sure what to expect. Mom is going to get started putting our decorations out now that the ‘Ghost of Ian’ nor’easter has passed and the ground is drying up.
Do your humans decorate for Halloween? It is really fun. Show us in the comments.
What kind of mischief did you get into today?
When you bring a new dog into the mix, you are never sure if the existing animals are going to accept it. And, we were concerned because Mr. Charles is 14 years old already and he doesn’t always feel the best.
But boy does he love Jolie. He even lets her lean on him! (And he doesn’t like anyone leaning on him.) I love that he gets a little prance in his step when he sees her coming and that he’s been coming for a walk with us in the mornings, which he hardly ever did.
Charles isn’t the only one that has taken to Jojo. Mini Cooper, who was always the other dog in the pack (even though she’s a cat), seems to never be far away. We could not have asked for a better transition for the new member. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.
Who’s your BFF?
For Charles’ birthday (well, maybe more so to help Mom’s heart heal from the loss of so many furbabies over the last few months), a sweet matted soul named Jolie has come to live at the zoo. The minute she got here on Saturday (in the pouring rain, of course), she took over everyone’s heart (and Mini’s couch pillow). Noel is still a little suspect of the new ‘MOP’ in the house but otherwise, she just fit right in as if she had always been here.
I will tell you her story another day, but for now here are the main things we know:
- They said she was a Yorkie mix but she definitely looks like Shih Tzu to me.
- She is 6 years old according to the birth year they gave us, but they said 5, so we are not sure.
- Her birthday is the same day as Nine’s was (Feb 14). Isn’t that a wild coincidence?
- She is way over-weight (over 22 lbs and she should be more like 17 or less).
- She is in desperate need of grooming (Sonya will cut it all off on Thursday).
- They said she was housetrained but she does not have bathroom training as far as we can tell (it is like having a puppy all over again).
- She has the sweetest personality and loves everyone and everything so far.