9.4.12 Black Lab Day At The Dog Park

04 Sep

It must have been BLACK LAB day at the dog park.  There were like a million dogs and most of them had  Labrador Retriever somewhere in their blood line (or so it looked like).  There were a zillion black, 2 browns, and few yellows but mostly Labs.  Little Sofie was actually the smallest of the pack, not that she minded.

Going to the dog park is always kind of hit or miss thing for us.  Some days there are only a few dogs, or even none, but this time there were many.  It is hard for me to tell whether the girls really enjoy it or not.  My dogs stay very close and tend to avoid getting into it with others.  Lulu will run to see what is happening when a whole bunch get loud and snarly, but I usually call her back before she gets to close to that kind of action.  Sofie gets hot really fast, especially on humid days, which it was, so she runs and then takes to sitting under my bench in the shade.  Dog parks actually kind of scare me.  There are times when I go and some dogs get stupid, and then owners get stupid, and it is just not fun.   This time was good.  They were tired, which was what I wanted, and they were ready to go home when I was.  I always enjoy seeing all the different breeds of dogs usually at the dog park but it definitely was Black Lab day this time.

Posted by on September 4, 2012 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “9.4.12 Black Lab Day At The Dog Park

September 4, 2012 at 06:18

That was a lot of big dogs. Mom won’t allow me at the dog park. She’s afraid I’ll get sick or hurt. Overprotective much, Mom??

September 4, 2012 at 07:56

We also have a little dog fenced park for cuties like you. Sofie used to go in there when she was a puppy. We don’t get to see many other dogs so Mom uses it to help us socialize. But we leave as soon as anything seems ‘off.’ We understand that Moms can get very protective, because they love us. – Lulu

2. Jodi

September 4, 2012 at 09:43

We tried the dog parks, but Sampson usually gravitates towards the people and Delilah just does her own thing. So we stopped going.

Looks like your crew had fun!

September 4, 2012 at 11:35

They are not big joiners either, but I it gets them out of the house and free for awhile.

3. Margarita

September 4, 2012 at 17:05

When Mickey, our Jack Russell terrier, was much younger (he’s 15) we frequently took him to the dog park. The wonderful thing about Mickey is that he’s totally clueless about his size. He loved to be chased because he could outrun everyone. He still likes a little chase on occasion! 😉

September 4, 2012 at 17:06

That must have been precious – you go Mickey!

September 5, 2012 at 16:53

Wow that’s a whole lot of dogs!

A tired dog is a good dog 🙂

September 5, 2012 at 17:12

There were tons and mostly well behaved. Two tired dogs is worth a trip to the park any day.