Monday Mischief: What To Do If Your Dog REACTS

09 Nov

react

Lulu and Mojo playing

Lulu and Mojo playing

I love the idea that you get what you reward.  With Louise I am always anticipating every situation in the outside world so that she does not freak out, and with Sofie, it is just the opposite, I have to anticipate everything inside to keep her anxious OCD world manageable.

What mischief did you get into today?

——————————————————–

mondaybloghop

This is a blog hop. I hopped it from MYBrownNewfies. Check them out for more mischief.

Posted by on November 9, 2015 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 responses to “Monday Mischief: What To Do If Your Dog REACTS

November 9, 2015 at 08:00

That’s true :o) Easy sadly is a miracle sometimes… first he and his new neighbor( a golden retriever) growled an acted as if they would eat each other and today they acted as if they found a long missed brother back … :o(

November 9, 2015 at 08:02

Lulu is like that with some of her friends too

2. Bailey

November 9, 2015 at 08:21

I think awareness and having the will to act are two of the biggies. It is so frustrating when we are out and you see reactive dogs with distracted owners. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

November 9, 2015 at 08:44

And it scares the life out of me. Especially people who let there dogs run free in the neighborhood and don’t have control while they are running at my reactive dog. Sometimes I feel like letting Louise loose in return so that she shows them why they should be leashed – but I won’t because I care more about their animals then they do. Hard lessons.

3. Golden Daily Scoop

November 9, 2015 at 09:13

Bruin tends to get like that as well. My walks around our neighborhood are getting fewer because of dog owners who feels it’s ok for their dogs to walk without a leash. Great post!!

November 9, 2015 at 09:41

Thanks – If I walk Sofie off leash she is on her ecollar and by my side. I think it is about owner control.

4. Talent Hounds

November 9, 2015 at 12:29

Great tips! This is perfect for Kilo, although through socialization he has been doing better.

November 9, 2015 at 12:50

Depending on this issue, sometime socialization is all a pup needs and then they don’t feel threatened.

5. Vicki Green

November 9, 2015 at 12:47

Great reminder about how to handle the situation when our dog reacts negatively to some sort of stressful situation.

November 9, 2015 at 12:50

Life can be so stressful sometimes, can’t it. Thanks

6. Earl Lover

November 9, 2015 at 14:21

Brilliant reminder.

7. Dolly the Doxie

November 9, 2015 at 19:48

We are very good on leash, if other dogs are excited or come at us without manners then we let them know they are out of line! Love Dollt

November 10, 2015 at 08:47

Dolly – We are terrible if someone gets to close to Mommy that we do not know. She is a human and we need to protect her. – Louise

8. MyBrownNewfies

November 9, 2015 at 19:50

This is great! Normally both boys are very good but today Leroy seemed to be challenging my patience. He was totally using his size to his advantage on our walk today!

November 10, 2015 at 08:49

I don’t know how you want them both together. Just one pull and ‘kaaploop.’ BOL

9. Cathy Armato

November 10, 2015 at 11:54

I love this! REACT is easy to remember and a great process. Thanks for sharing this!
    Love and Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

November 10, 2015 at 14:56

Love you too!

10. Hawk aka BrownDog

November 10, 2015 at 15:02

Hi Y’all!

Great suggestions.

Y’all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

November 10, 2015 at 15:24

Thanks Hawk

11. Groovy Goldendoodles

November 11, 2015 at 07:42

Love the concept, my problem is – I rarely have treats with me at the time I need them! I’ve got to set up my game. Great suggestions….

November 11, 2015 at 07:44

My dogs are happy with attention like head pats and kisses, though treats work better.