Monday Mischief: Reflection

10 Oct

mm-10-10-16

Sometimes at night, I have no idea where the dogs are in the yard. Usually I can see Sofie’s blond fur reflecting some light. But Louise, in all her sleek and beautiful blackness, disappears into the darkness. I try to keep a reflective collar on her so that I can find her. Even with that, she sometimes comes running out of no where in the night and scares the pants off of me. And, if she is busy with some squirrel or hole digging and does not want to come in, there is no way that I am finding her at night. Nights are made for mischief and black dogs can rule the night!

What mischief did you get into today?

——————————————————–

mondaybloghop

This is a blog hop. I hopped it from MYBrownNewfies. Check them out for more mischief.

Posted by on October 10, 2016 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Monday Mischief: Reflection

October 10, 2016 at 04:54

Easy is invisible in the darkness and in twilight too… we added a tag to his collar, so at least we can hear him :o)

October 10, 2016 at 06:49

The Easy Jingle. Like belling a cat.

2. fredrieka

October 10, 2016 at 06:22

I can’t go out till it’s light. We have a dog run off the porch for emergencies.

October 10, 2016 at 06:49

Mom would love a dog run.

3. Pet Barrier

October 10, 2016 at 06:28

We have trouble seeing our border collie in the dark too, so we gave him a reflective vest. However, he hates it and always manages to squeeze out of it. It will all be easier when the ground is covered in snow, much easier to spot all the black then 😉 -Ellie

October 10, 2016 at 06:51

I also have a Christmas flashing light collar which I use for walking in the street at night, but I can’t figure out how to change the batteries. Lulu hates her reflective vest too.

• Pet Barrier

October 10, 2016 at 09:20

That must be quite a sight, a Christmas flashing collar. People will definitely notice you!

October 10, 2016 at 19:39

Awesome reflective collar!

October 10, 2016 at 19:59

Thanks Cupcake. You shine all on your own.

5. Nachthawk

October 11, 2016 at 04:10

we use a none-flashing led light collar, pretty much the same i use for running. flashing apparently is supposed to be not good for dogs… so i put it on constant all the time, works for me 👍

October 11, 2016 at 07:55

I wonder why flashing isn’t good for them? Constant it is, then. I use an led collar when I walk them in the dark. I should get one for me too maybe. I am always wearing black.

• Nachthawk

October 11, 2016 at 09:01

getting one is a good idea… and none-flashing because can you imagine having this flashing right in front of your eyes all the time ? 😀