Black and White Sunday: Sepia and SunScreen

18 Jun

I know this is a Black and White Sunday but I felt this moment looked better in Sepia tone. Louise and Sofie were relaxing on a sunny morning. I can tell it was morning because the sun is coming from the east. It doesn’t stay long before the trees block it and the yard becomes shaded.

Louise (and Charles) love the sun on their black fur. Sofie, the blond, stays to the shade. When Louise comes inside she feels so warm to the touch I just have to cuddle her.

In the summer, I worry about sunburn with the dogs, so I don’t let them lay out in the sun very long. Dogs like Louise, with thin short hair, are more susceptible to sunburn than long haired dogs, but all dogs can get burnt. Just like my human children during the summer, I apply child-safe SPF 30 to 50 (following the instructions on the bottle). I make sure to cover their noses, earflaps, and tummies, and any places that they are bare. And, I reapply after they go swimming.

Enjoy your Sepia Sunday!

nolasugar_bwbadge_pm

This is part of the Black and White Sunday Blog Hop. Thanks to Dachshund Nola and Sugar for hosting.

Posted by on June 18, 2017 in Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “Black and White Sunday: Sepia and SunScreen

1. weggieboy

June 18, 2017 at 05:50

Sometimes we all look better in sepia! Your photo today certainly makes and proves the point, I think. I think Sophie and Louise couldn’t care less because they clearly are enjoying the warmth of Old Sol!

June 18, 2017 at 08:19

I almost miss Sophie, sitting back there!

June 18, 2017 at 08:37

Sofie isn’t usually stealthy, but here she is.

3. The Island Cats

June 18, 2017 at 18:11

They’re just like kids! Smart to use the sunscreen.

4. angelswhisper2011

June 21, 2017 at 04:52

Beautiful vintage picture 🙂 Healing Pawkisses to your mommy ❤ ❤ ❤

June 21, 2017 at 07:50

Thanks B. Sepia does make new look vintage, doesn’t it.