1.4.13 Follow Up Friday

04 Jan

Following Up Friday gives me a chance to catch you up on a few previous posts:

We are watching, so be warned!!

We are watching, so be warned!!

12.27.12 Two Dogs At Every School, got a lot of interesting comments.  People were mostly concerned about the safety of the dogs.  Yes I understand that a crazy person with a gun could shoot one of the dogs on entrance to the school, but isn’t that the point.  Better to sacrafic one life for the lives of many (as Victoria Soto did for her students)?  I did not get as much support around the idea as I expected.  People were worried about allergies and the liability, and all of them are fair concerns.  I guess it is just better to give every teacher a gun and make them focus on protecting their class instead of teaching our children (ok, I am being sarcastic here).   The truth is, guns are not the problem, mental health is, so maybe we are protecting the wrong thing.  I am disheartened, but will keep thinking on this one.

9 catmas 201212.29.12 The Catnip-apillars come in a 3 pack from PetSmart.  They were nothing fancy but all the animals are really enjoying them (Sofie Bear loves to suck and nibble on cat toys (OK that is weird now that I write it.)

Sofie's 1st snow ever.She was amazed, 2012

Sofie’s 1st snow ever.
She was amazed, 2012

12.30.12  I never really thought about how many animals never will experience snow.  But then, my zoo won’t experience desert, though I guess they could experience sand if I took them to the beach.  I love the diversity of followers and the view from their locations.  Makes me realize how incredibly different our environments are and how wonderful a medium the internet is to be able to virtually experience another climate.

1.1.13  A New Year and new experiences await.  I forget to mention my new friend Pawsitively Pets, who was my buddy in the Christmas Blog Exchange.  She has a wonderful and informative site, so go by and tell Ann Paws that DogDaz sent you.

——————————————————————————————————–

Follow Up Friday is part of the blog hop hosted by Heart Like A Dog.  Check out the other blog hoppers:

Posted by on January 4, 2013 in Cats, Dogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “1.4.13 Follow Up Friday

January 4, 2013 at 06:10

Ditto on Pawsitively Pets. There’s a lot to learn there.

January 4, 2013 at 09:19

For sure

2. themisadventuresofmisaki

January 4, 2013 at 06:59

Excellent round-up!

January 4, 2013 at 09:18

Thanks Misaki

3. mythreemoggies

January 4, 2013 at 09:06

well done love the post. No snow in UK yet for 2013, however we are experiencing alot of rain 😦 xx

January 4, 2013 at 09:18

Good to know because I will be there next month and I will be sure to bring an umbrella. LOL

• mythreemoggies

January 4, 2013 at 09:19

which part? ;-0

January 4, 2013 at 09:27

New Place, Southampton and then on to Dublin, for business of course. Never been to either so I am hoping the rain will stop long enough for me to enjoy the views.

4. Jodi

January 4, 2013 at 10:29

Thanks for participating in the FUF blog hop, we’re so happy to have you joining us!! What a great recap you had!

We need to find better ways to help those with mental afflictions and to take the stigma off so people aren’t embarrassed to ask for help.

My dogs are experiencing lots of snow and they’ve seen the beach, but they will probably never see the desert, which is fine by me! LOL

January 4, 2013 at 10:44

Thanks Jodi. I like Hopping. I agree that work needs to be done to help people instead of having to defend against them.

5. 2browndawgs

January 4, 2013 at 21:02

Your idea about using dogs is interesting. I think that if people are truly interested in protecting the kids, they would seriously consider all possibilities, including your idea. Or maybe an option is allowing the teachers who want it to carry their concealed weapons. (I have talked to some that are in favor of this.) Or maybe just not label schools “gun free zones”. Maybe as a nation we need to put an emphasis on the value of life. There are many things to consider and maybe the solution is a mix of many ideas. But you see it isn’t about keeping kids safe. It is about grabbing guns.

Too blunt? 🙂

January 4, 2013 at 22:57

I agree, the answers lie probably in many approaches. Thanks for sharing.