We are thankful to receive a lovely Liebster Award from DoggyMom.com
We love making new blog friends and really appreciate when someone reaches out and touches us. Though this award is for new blogs, and we are old and have lots of great fans, we appreciate being honored.
Doggy Mom is Kathleen Crisley, Principal and Owner of Canine Catering Ltd in Christchurch New Zealand. She is currently Doggy Mom to Daisy, a Pointer who was re-homed with her in December 2003. She started making treats for her own pups and it turned into her passion. Thank you Kathleen and Daisy for this honor.
The award rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link back and recognize their blog in your post. DONE
2. Answer the ten questions posted by the blogger who nominated you! BELOW
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award. BELOW
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer. OH MY – THAT IS HARD – take a look at the thoughtful questions DoggieMom gave me.
5. Notify your nominees via comment.
- Why did you establish your blog? Mostly this blog happened because the animals were making me laugh and I wanted to be able to show others how silly they were. After a time this became the chronicles of my many rescues: Louise (aka Lulu Belle) my
fearfulshy 60 lb maybe Hound/Lab (4 1/2), Sofie Bear (3 1/2), 50 lb maybe Sheltie/ ‘stubborn’ dog mix, and the house cats: Noel (the Christmas Cat – about 7), Nine (the little Man-cat – 3) and Baby Stella (2 1/2).
- When did you start blogging? November 2011
- Approximately how many hours per week do you blog? It depends. I do at least 1 post a day (from the Zoo) which takes maybe 10 minutes (because I am saving internet images all day long from pinterest, tumblr, etc. to post later), but Saturday thru Wed, I also do a personal post about my 5, which can take 30 minutes to several hours depending on topic. I used to post twice a day, everyday, but I can’t find the time to do that anymore. So…. I would say 4+ hours a weeks.
- If you had one thing to do differently with your blog, what would it be? I would have monetized it from the start so that all this work could buy more dog cookies.
- What’s one of your favourite blogs (other than your own)? BumpyRoadtoBubba, Cupcake Speaks, Speedy Rabbit, Easy, Emma, My Three Moogies, GuineaPigSqueak, there are just so many that I love every week.
- What makes that blog one of your favourites? Each and every blogger puts there special voice into the world. They have been a wonderful community of virtual friends that care about what they are saying and why they are saying it.
- Since we can’t spend all of our time online, what book are you currently reading? The DoveKeepers
- Which do you prefer – pure bred or mixed breed? If you mean pet, I prefer RESCUE, I am not a breedist, I love them regardless of sire.
- Do you consider yourself a dog parent or dog owner? Well, since I adopted them, I guess I am their parent, but legally, I am their owner. I would have to say they own me, more than I own them. Bark Out Loud (BOL)
- Would you rather do a Crossword or a Suduku? Absolutely Crossword. Though I can do the math thing, but don’t enjoy it as much.
- When the weather turns cold, does your dog wear a coat? Louise wears sweaters because she has such think fur, Sofie, only when it is frigid (more for me than her, I think).
We nominate the following 10 blogs (but there a a lot more I would like to nominate so maybe next time) because we know they reach out constantly and touch so many new readers:
- Miss Harper Lee @ http://thek9harperlee.wordpress.com/
- Breanna @ http://walkingwiththealligators.wordpress.com/
- Rhythm @ http://readingwithrhythm.wordpress.com/
- Easy @ http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/
- Misaki @ http://themisadventuresofmisaki.wordpress.com/
- Cody @ https://twitter.com/CatChatCaren
- Emma @ http://mygbgvlife.com/
- Bella & Beary @ http://bumpyroadtobubba.com/
- All the travelers @ http://animalcouriers.wordpress.com/
- Sampson and Delilah @ http://www.heartlikeadog.com/
The questions we have for you are:
1. What is your favorite hiding place?
2. If you could talk to your human for 5 minutes in their language, what would you say?
3. What is your most favorite food?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Do you have a hero?
6. Do you have a bed time?
7. What makes you laugh?
8. What do you do that makes others laugh?
9. Does anything scare you?
10. Do you know how to dance?
This is part of the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop from PepiSmartDog.com